A new taeguk LOL!!!!

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lastnight doing poom sae with one of my students, I didi a nice taeguk, taeguk number four, you know well done with martial attiyude,nice timing,etc, however in one point my student told me that maybe I was wrong and yes... I was wrong I was mixing up taeguk 4 with taeguk 5.

I began to review tha taeguk 4 in my mind and realize where was the problem and fix it.

However let me tell you the taeguk I was performing wrong was very beautiful and liked a lot, yes it was wrong but for the no trained eye or the person who does not know tkd would think my form was very nice and pleasent.

I will try poomsae at least once a week, the last weeks I was only teaching kicking drills and one steps and ho si sul, but poomsae it's a need at least once a week or a minimum once every two weeks.

Manny

MAist25

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I did the same thing at one of my color belt tests, mixed up two different poomse. Nobody even noticed except my instructor of course lol

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen this happen more than once.

Recently, one of our white belts was performing Kicho Il Bu. At two points in the form, as she turned for the area makki, her chamber was totally wrong. But she did it confidently and with power, and of the 4 black belts watching, I was the only one who noticed.

As with reading, I think sometimes we see what we expect to see.

Latest Discussions