Does your school do what Bruce Lee did?

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
As in shoooooooooo boy..?.....

Sorry, I am not familiar with this expression...

sounds like a febal attempt at ebonics or ghetto.....
Nope. Just good ol West Virginia hill talk, hehehehehe.

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, Traditional is OK, Doing things like they did in the old days. Today we are different in thinking and ways of fighting. The world is smaller and information is larger. (the many styles and arts of fighting can be learn and taught is easier today) Old karate did need to defend against the many new arts/street fighting of today.

Today most of us want to learn to fight back if need too! Most of the time it will be against a bigger person or against two or more with or without weapons. We need to be aware of the laws of what we can do against someone.

Is your school/art is changing with the times and needs of the students?
Are you aware of the laws in your state? Your rights? What you can and cannot do to someone? Hope your teacher/school is keeping up with the times? ...and thank-you for sharing your comments.....Aloha
I agree, traditional is ok. The first thing that popped in my mind when he said no pads was "Shooooooo boy, I would not want to spar in our boxing class with no gloves". On thing that is great is our coach is also in the law enforcement field so we really get some great info about local and state laws.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
cashwo said:
I agree, traditional is ok. The first thing that popped in my mind when he said no pads was "Shooooooo boy, I would not want to spar in our boxing class with no gloves". On thing that is great is our coach is also in the law enforcement field so we really get some great info about local and state laws.
Lucky you, our instructor made higher ranks attend rape seminars, criminolgy courses, and atten psychology classes.

S

safeeagle

I like to see changes being made. I was at a school and I would say perhaps 30% of what I was taught wasn't worth a hill of beans. The Martial Arts need to evolve in my opinion.