Does he have the Magic Stick? (Dim Mak)

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This is the same guy who utterly failed to do even a light touch knock out on a small female reporter or any of an entire room of BJJ students. He's a con man, simple as that.

Of course, he made up some stupid excuses for why he couldn't do his techniques, like they always do, such as "atheletes can generall channel this energy away to immunise themselves" and "it only works on about 30% of the population anyway" (despite the fact that it works fine on any of his students that he's had a chance to "persuade" (hypnotic suggestion maybe) over the years.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
All I have to say about this demonstration is, Wow his daughter is cute!

OP
C

CrankyDragon

Okay, so the consensus thus far supports my initial suspecion, its a hoax.

I have the original 640X480 Divx file thats 70 megs... You may not be able to see it in the small WMV file, but they are wearing Korean patches, possibly TKD? (Though, I cant see how someone that round can demonstrate the kicks invloved... thats another discussion I dont want to get into) I thought Dim Mak had roots in Japanese MA? Follow my thinking? And who taught him DM?

Also, the cardioscope is the same as the one we used on the rescue squad decades ago.... What I saw after the impact of the young man and until he had settled down, appeared to be CABLE MOVEMENT OR ARTIFACT. Though I was only an EMT-A, I was on the squad for 6 years and learned a few things about skills above mine.

Andrew

OP
C

CrankyDragon

Here is a clip of the video, slowed down to 10% speed. In this one, it is *clear* he makes NO CONTACT with the uke.

http://www.badongo.com/vid.php?width=640&id=cc307d4f08421555003d08486175dea7

Additionally, I mentioned a Korea patch on the uniform, here is a 640X480 still frame of his daughter. Unless Im mistaken, that is the Korean patch she is wearing. Please correct me if I am wrong.

dm2.jpg

Just more information for further examination.
Andrew

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Y'know... if I had people hanging punches, not fighting back, not trying to hurt me while not being hurt themselves ... I could dim mak their *** too!!

Try this on for fun. Tape a quarter on two or three "pressure points" on a friend & then try to punch them with enough force to "activate" it while they're fighting back. If you can snag all of them with enough force & proper order to KTTFO with Dim Mak, then you obviously are better skilled than most.

However chances are I'm willing to guess that you're not going to get more than maybe one clean shot on the quarter without getting pwned to some degree.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CrankyDragon said:
Here is a clip of the video, slowed down to 10% speed. In this one, it is *clear* he makes NO CONTACT with the uke.

http://www.badongo.com/vid.php?width=640&id=cc307d4f08421555003d08486175dea7

Additionally, I mentioned a Korea patch on the uniform, here is a 640X480 still frame of his daughter. Unless Im mistaken, that is the Korean patch she is wearing. Please correct me if I am wrong.

dm2.jpg

Just more information for further examination.
Andrew

It is the Korean flag, it's a TKD uniform and her belt is what is often used for a junior black belt in a lot of TKD schools...

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well. That was just about the most irritating 7 minutes and 12 seconds of my life. quick camera changes and flashing filming so that you can't really even see what is happening. Not to mention all the stuff everyone else already said.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Dillman's pressure point material comes from okinawan sources. The people he claims to have gotten it from deny that they taught him, that's a big flamefest whenever it is disucssed, use the search function.

This guy in particular IS the guy from the clip with the news reporter that he can't knock out, so we know he is with Dillman's group from the info that came out when that video surfaced. And that he really cannot apply the techniques properly.

Yes Dim Mak is chinese but Dillman is teaching Kyusho which is the okinawan/japanese extraction of that chinese tradition.

I was pretty skeptical of pressure point or nerve striking techniques, and videos like this one will certainly reinforce that. However once you exeprience the real thing, in person, your opinion would probably change. Kempo is a great vehicle for nerve striking strategies because kempo already incorporates the principle of progressive striking leading to predictable body reactions and positions, thereby opening more targets. It's a good delivery system for a targeting strategy like kyusho or dim mak.

If you want to learn more about effective nerve striking you can look for Evan Pantazzi, Jim Corn, and Ron Chapel - these men can all demonstrate and teach very effective technique.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was taught a method of striking which can cause serious organ damage if not death, but I don't know if its related to Dim Mak. Its really quite simple. I won't publicly state what it is you do differently but I'll discuss it in PM.
Sean

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've watched Jim Corn do the no-touch KO stuff at a George Dillman seminar in Indianapolis (through Will Higginbotham's school). He's of the same ilk--or at least, he was. I know there have been some splits; has Mr. Corn renounced the no-touch KOs?

The clip is great theatre.

OP
C

CrankyDragon

I do beleive in pressure points, and pressure point strikes. I know that a nice shuto strike to an inside the arm nerve bundle will make your arm go numb for a short moment, things of that sort. I dont however beleive in a "death touch" as it is commonly refered to as Dim Mak. My primary intent was to present the great Dim Mak master :) knocking out 4 peeps with no trouble. I just cant see it done. In reality, if your fighting someone, these points are more difficult to target. So why even pressure point an unresisting uke (real life)??

You wanna impress me, that that to the UFC octagon and knock out Tito! :)

Andrew

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Magic is another for tricks. If someone hits you? Will your heart beat the same?

People can be lead to believe anything..........this video is one of these.

Your choice to choose..............but it if was true how come it is not more popular?

Money? Oh........................Aloha

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sudden cardiac arrest can absolutely occur with blunt trauma to the chest while the heart is in a vulnerable electrical phase (at the T wave of the electrocardiogram) causing a fatal arrhythmia. It's called commotio cordis. It's rare, but it tends to occur when an athlete is hit in the chest with a baseball or hockey puck. So I can believe in dim mak.

Now, whether this guy was actually doing that is questionable. And yeah, I tend to believe the electrocardiogram of that guy showed artifact, not an arrhythmia.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh I will volunteer knock me out. Please choose me I am over choose me.

Damn I am always the last guy picked.

Rick

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I've watched Jim Corn do the no-touch KO stuff at a George Dillman seminar in Indianapolis (through Will Higginbotham's school). He's of the same ilk--or at least, he was. I know there have been some splits; has Mr. Corn renounced the no-touch KOs?

The clip is great theatre.

I think this was one of the things that led to "Kyusho International" guys leaving DKI. The KI guys wanted to focus on stuff that they could make work, repeatably, and under pressure. (The KI guys are Pantazzi and Corn and a couple of others.) I've only once heard anyone from KI talk about "kiai-jutsu", and the point of that discussion was not how to cause a no-touch knock-out, it was more about breaking the focus of the attacker, causing involuntary reactions, and what effects it can have on yourself etc..

KI has a curriculum that leads the student through 7 student levels and then 7 levels of instructor certification. I've attended some tests and there is no "compliant uke" - if you can't demonstrate that you can effectively use arm points against a fully resisting and determined attacker, then you can't get a level 2 certification. If you can't demonstrate effective use of PP in a ground fighting situation, then you don't get your level 6 certification. It's very cut and dried and pretty intense. In the level 3 test for example (level 3 -> head points), you have to use PP on the head of your attacker to render them unable to continue the attack. That's some serious stuff and it takes a lot of guts to uke for that part of the test!

Coincidence of the day : Jim Corn is giving a PP seminar this weekend at his home school in Indiana. My instructor is on the road headed that way now.

Latest Discussions