Does he have the Magic Stick? (Dim Mak)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I live in Terre Haute and have gone to some of these, but am away for work for several months! I'd like to see it.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rick Wade said:
Oh I will volunteer knock me out. Please choose me I am over choose me.

I've volunteered every time. I've never been KOed. I seem to be in among the 90% of the population in the 10% of the population that's resistant to pressure points.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I've volunteered every time. I've never been KOed. I seem to be in among the 90% of the population in the 10% of the population that's resistant to pressure points.

I am not saying it's not real I just have to have someone prove it to me.

Not to tick anyone off but I feel the same about chi(ki). untill someone can absolutely prove it to me without a doubt in my mind I doubt it.

V/R

Rick

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've been at the receiving end of a "KO" techniue a couple of times. None of which did I completely lose conciousness. However I did lose the ability to coordinate my brain with my arms and legs, stumbling, dazed, hurting... I've seen people go all the way out but it is not the norm. I've done this a couple of times and did not casue a complete "KO" but did sit him down and make him weak and defenseless for a moment.

It's hard to train it becasue you sure DON'T want to be knocking each other unconcious over and over. So you have to find a level where you can see the correct reactions are caused, without going too far.

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Pressure points and pressure point strikes are great IF used in the proper context. In law enforcement, pressure points are used on non-compliant but un-aggressive people. An example would be a person laying on the ground with his hands clenched under him. This guy just doesn't want to be arrested, he is not trying to escape or to harm you. This person may submit after applying "touch pressure" pressure point stimulation. There are several pressure point strikes that I have also found effective, but they require practice to be able to strike a combative subject. Pressure point strikes that I have found effective are, striking the brachial plexus origin, brachial plexus tie-in, radial nerve, common peroneal nerve and the femoral nerve. In ref. to DavidCC's post it sounds to me like you were on the recieving end of a strike to the brachial plexus origin. Striking this area will not render you unconcious but it will drop you and cause a "stun" effect for upwards of 1 minute.

Pax
Cujo

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The thing that always gets me about this *ahem* stuff is the "revival" part.

So you're telling me that paramedics and doctors DIDN'T freak out after someone, having received a blow to the head and neck perportedly causing them to lose conscienciousness, is jerked up to a sitting position.

Seems a bad idea to me - and anyone else with 5 minutes worth of basic first aid.

Latest Discussions