Does anybody on here have any experience of...

Andy Morris 874

White Belt
Reaction score
The London Shootfighter Gyms around London ???
Specifically, the new gym that has opened in East London
I have heard mixed reports about there gym in North London, some saying that the level of instruction is fantastic,and others saying that both the instructors and some of the members can be a little douchie

Any opinions or reviews both good and bad would be appreciated

Regards

Andy..

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The London Shootfighter Gyms around London ???
Specifically, the new gym that has opened in East London
I have heard mixed reports about there gym in North London, some saying that the level of instruction is fantastic,and others saying that both the instructors and some of the members can be a little douchie

Any opinions or reviews both good and bad would be appreciated

Regards

Andy..

It will depend on what you want to train for, it is a very serious gym with some very serious fighters. We've had a couple fighting on our shows, they fight on CW and UCMMA as well as in other countries. I've heard people describe it as a place for 'hard' fighters which it can be considering Lee Murray trained and fought out of there as well as James Thompson and Jean Silva among others. Lee Murray of course has a reputation, it's a deserved one but one I'm not going to talk about but other people do. Alex Reid also fights out of there, I've known him and liked him a while long before he got 'famous' for things other than fighting but that may also colour people's thoughts on London Shoot. I don't know really what you mean by 'douchie' if you want good instruction and very good instructors try it, you will either fit in or not depending on your attitude I imagine. Work hard, keep your head down and don't be gobby and I think you'll be fine. London Shoot brings out strong opinions, I know people who train there and love it, all I can suggest is that you find out for yourself. If I were younger I would train there.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lee Murray of course has a reputation, it's a deserved one but one I'm not going to talk about but other people do.

i.e. drug dealing, street brawls, and armed robbery. Hopefully that's not representative of the club's ethic.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i.e. drug dealing, street brawls, and armed robbery. Hopefully that's not representative of the club's ethic.

Hardly. :rolleyes: As I said people will prattle, Murray was only one of many fighters who trained and train there. That was my point, don't judge a gym by one member. It's known as a gym for those who will train hard. It's one of the best gyms in the UK, it does come highly recommended for beginners as well as more experienced people.

Murray is not a petty criminal, far from it, that's why many are either still too scared to say anything or they run their mouths off. The armed robbery alone was £54 million. Most of it not recovered. Dana White is just one person who's scared of him, seriously and he's right to be.

Last edited:
OP
A

Andy Morris 874

White Belt
Reaction score
It will depend on what you want to train for, it is a very serious gym with some very serious fighters. We've had a couple fighting on our shows, they fight on CW and UCMMA as well as in other countries. I've heard people describe it as a place for 'hard' fighters which it can be considering Lee Murray trained and fought out of there as well as James Thompson and Jean Silva among others. Lee Murray of course has a reputation, it's a deserved one but one I'm not going to talk about but other people do. Alex Reid also fights out of there, I've known him and liked him a while long before he got 'famous' for things other than fighting but that may also colour people's thoughts on London Shoot. I don't know really what you mean by 'douchie' if you want good instruction and very good instructors try it, you will either fit in or not depending on your attitude I imagine. Work hard, keep your head down and don't be gobby and I think you'll be fine. London Shoot brings out strong opinions, I know people who train there and love it, all I can suggest is that you find out for yourself. If I were younger I would train there.

Many Thanks for your reply, it sounds like just the place i need to be training at.
As an ex squaddie, i k now all about keeping my gob shut and my ears open :)
Thanks again !!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many Thanks for your reply, it sounds like just the place i need to be training at.
As an ex squaddie, i k now all about keeping my gob shut and my ears open :)
Thanks again !!

Aha! she (me) strikes again lol, saw the last three and thought mmm I wonder. I agree, you will do very well there! let us know how you are getting on.