Do you know this guy in the video? I bet you do

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
That comes down to a matter of here say. In my experiences when I hear art bashing and **** talking it is normally coming from a ufc fanboy.

If your experience differs from mine than I can't argue with you, I don't know your experiences.

No, you weren't laughing at all, you were angry, you said as much.

Because you know my emotions better than I do? If you disagree with what I did then that is fine, but I will not apologize for what I did. I called out an obvious case of irony and nothing more.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Actually I can literally tell you that you are mistaken, I've heard plenty of TMA people disrespect both MMA and other TMAs
This is true. There are TMA fanboys as well, who don't fight that make the same mistake as MMA fanboys. The TMA fanboys tend to practice in a bubble and it's usually against someone of the same style. All of that TMA fanboy nonsense goes out of the window when they have to fight against a system that is different from their own. I can be good with fighting against other Jow Ga practitioners, but the strategy for fighting someone in my own style is not a winning strategy for fighting someone outside of my style. This is the TMA fanboys biggest mistake. The good news is that it's not as big of an issue as it used to be, ironically thanks to the UFC, and it's not as wide spread as it used to be either. There are pockets of TMA fanboys that pop up, but for the most part, if a school trains TMA fighters and or defense, then most likely their instructors and coaches probably make it clear, that just because the fighter knows a TMA doesn't mean that he can't get beaten.

For me personally I dislike TMA fanboys just as equally as I dislike MMA fanboys. Both have an idea that their system can't be defeated and that it's far superior than someone else's system and it's just all a big downward mess when they get going. MMA fanboys put TMA fanboys down even though MMA uses TMA techniques. TMA fanboys put down MMA fanboys down even though MMA uses some of the same techniques TMA fanboys use. Big mess.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and then of course we have the England football fanboys who are fighting their way around France at the moment. I despair.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
and then of course we have the England football fanboys who are fighting their way around France at the moment. I despair.
That is the ultimate fanboy lol. They'll be out on the streets while the two teams who have competed against each other will be relaxing with a few bears and talking to each other like they are the best of friends and some of them are.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This is true. There are TMA fanboys as well, who don't fight that make the same mistake as MMA fanboys. The TMA fanboys tend to practice in a bubble and it's usually against someone of the same style. All of that TMA fanboy nonsense goes out of the window when they have to fight against a system that is different from their own. I can be good with fighting against other Jow Ga practitioners, but the strategy for fighting someone in my own style is not a winning strategy for fighting someone outside of my style. This is the TMA fanboys biggest mistake. The good news is that it's not as big of an issue as it used to be, ironically thanks to the UFC, and it's not as wide spread as it used to be either. There are pockets of TMA fanboys that pop up, but for the most part, if a school trains TMA fighters and or defense, then most likely their instructors and coaches probably make it clear, that just because the fighter knows a TMA doesn't mean that he can't get beaten.

For me personally I dislike TMA fanboys just as equally as I dislike MMA fanboys. Both have an idea that their system can't be defeated and that it's far superior than someone else's system and it's just all a big downward mess when they get going. MMA fanboys put TMA fanboys down even though MMA uses TMA techniques. TMA fanboys put down MMA fanboys down even though MMA uses some of the same techniques TMA fanboys use. Big mess.
At the end of the day fightings fighting. A punch is a punch a kick is a kick a block is a block as long as you know those moves then you'll be able to have a chance at winning fights all the stupid arguments is just boring. Train your style do what you do no need to argue with others over it martial arts training is something personal to you who cares what others dodo

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah tez, I spar with them, that's if they accept to sparring. If they don't then whatever, we both move on.

How do you imagine I am when I'm typing here? I am not on my phone frothing at the mouth and smashing things or something, it's not anger. My mood here is normally very moderate. I already stated that I was mistaken with using the word fight.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the ultimate fanboy lol. They'll be out on the streets while the two teams who have competed against each other will be relaxing with a few bears and talking to each other like they are the best of friends and some of them are.

The trouble with these though is that they set out to fight not watch football which they only have a cursory interest in. They attack people and even kill. there will be deaths again I'm afraid. Perhaps something people might want to discuss rather than disrespect other styles etc is how to defend yourself against a mob intent on hurting people.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah tez, I spar with them, that's if they accept to sparring. If they don't then whatever, we both move on.

How do you imagine I am when I'm typing here? I am not on my phone frothing at the mouth and smashing things or something, it's not anger. My mood here is normally very moderate. I already stated that I was mistaken with using the word fight.

I don't imagine anything about you.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
how to defend yourself against a mob intent on hurting people.
Sorry I can't help with that. Jow Ga doesn't have a "mob" technique. We gets mobs here but nothing like you get over there.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help with that. Jow Ga doesn't have a "mob" technique. We gets mobs here but nothing like you get over there.

It's been put down a lot, it's quite rare that it happens on UK soil now but when they go abroad especially to France they feel the need to re-enact the battle of Agincourt.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The trouble with these though is that they set out to fight not watch football which they only have a cursory interest in. They attack people and even kill. there will be deaths again I'm afraid. Perhaps something people might want to discuss rather than disrespect other styles etc is how to defend yourself against a mob intent on hurting people.

We can have more than one thread going at one time you know?

Or mabye we should be discussing what sort of cheese we all like rather than fighting mobs.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I can think of two arts that work well against multiple opponents.
Gun-Fu and Hollywood-Fu.

Gotta love that good old traditional Hollywood-Fu. Forget all that other rubbish that only works on a single opponent amirite? :p

Coincidentally I just got back from my weapons training where we did a battle-royal style sparring session, using multiple weapons. You had a choice between Jian, Gun and Dao and had to keep swapping. The amount of times I got hit in the back was insane. Goes to show that no matter how good a Martial Artist you are, if you can't see an attack coming, you are going to get hit.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Lol these clowns. For two guys who do nothing but talk **** about TMA they sure look like they could use some lessons in it. I can take these guys and I am not even a black belt, they apparently have years of tae kwon do and bjj.

Thank you for sharing this because it confirms what I been saying, people who fight with their tongues usually can't fight with anything else.

You can take them ai? Then what will you do pull down their pants and give them a wedgie lol