Descendants of "Fakes, Frauds, Con Men..."

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
How do all these ninjers type so fast while wearing those black glove thingys, do their fingers cramp? Can they see the computer monitors while wearing those black mask things? Does the blade and rope and blinding powder up their sleeve give them carpel tunnel syndrome while keying at the keyboard or do they offer extra wrist support?

Though I did say earlier I went to work dressed like this truth be know, being a CMA guy I tend to dress like this much more often …. So I really have no idea how it is to work on computers dressed as a Ninja of old… But it is pretty easy to type for me.... it is just that damn sword gets in the way at meetings :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a sword hanging up in my office. Its never shortened my meetings any :(

(maybe because its a plastic thingie I won at the Erie County Fair? :D)

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Chris Parker wrote:

So you are saying Daimyo were not Samurai? My very limited understanding of the Samurai is that they were a class of the population, that had certain rights and responsibilities. With-in this class there were various levels (of privilege and responsibilities) each level getting/taking more responsibility and privilege) and Daimyo were near the very top but still had the responsibilities of even the lowest levels? I admit I really have no idea and only a slight interest in the big picture of things. I think history is important and I enjoy learning.

Regards
Brian King

Hi, Brian, just saw this.

No, I am not inferring that at all. Just that the Samurai class was subdivided itself into many smaller ranks. You may be a samurai, but you are just a lowly spearman in the infantry. Then again, you may be a general, or even a Daimyo. In later periods, the Daimyo were most certainly of the Samurai class, but in earlier history, the samurai came from those who served the ruling individuals (an early form of Daimyo). The only real point of difference between this and your notes that I would make is that the Daimyo really didn't share the same responsibilities as the lower ranked samurai, especially if you mean in terms of duties performed. Think of the samurai in a castle as an office building, with the CEO (Daimyo) at the top, part of the same ruling management team as those under him, but with different areas to look after than the simple team leader/section manager.

Latest Discussions