Demonstration Kicking

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a great video I've seen it a number of times, but you can see that a lot of them do use thinner boards for the demonstrations.

Also, in my opinion, I think the apple on the sword bit is actually, pretty lame...the only way that would impress me is if they used real sharpened swords, half the time you see someone try it they just end up kicking the blade and knocking the apple off...if you really want to use an apple properly...find someone that can throw one up and use a spinning hook kick to turn it into applesause on the dojang wall...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Laborn said:
Terry your son can do 8 kicks, are they effective kicks or just running up the bag? i can jump and do only 3 effective kicks before comming down. can only do 6 running up the bag lol
8 kicks on the bag as far as being effective probaly not all of them .
Terry

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My first instructor said he once broke a board using a tornado kick (the board was about 8 feet up). He hit with his instep, said he felt like he broke his foot. He probably did.

Some of my favorite kicks to do are 540s and 540 double hooks. I can do a split and straddle kick but I don't really like how they come out when I do them.

I'm really most impressed by good clean technique though when watching. Or some feat of talent not possible by someone who doesn't train. In my TKD school the had a picture of a guy from our club executing a flying side kick perfectly overtop 3 lined up freestanding bags. That always really wowed me considering how hard it was for me to even muster up the courage to try one.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my fellow blackbelts for years, same age about as me, did flying sidekick through 3 boards taped together, over 3 folding chairs. Not to one up, but I always thought that one was pretty neat. TW

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think my old sensei did 6 one time, it was pretty jaw-dropping. I don't think you can help but break the boards if you do a jumping kick that launches you that far though.

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
there's a video where a guy jumps over either 10 or 12 people crouched down, and break a board at the end with a flying side kick...pretty cool lol.

OP
Gemini

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Laborn said:
there's a video where a guy jumps over either 10 or 12 people crouched down, and break a board at the end with a flying side kick...pretty cool lol.
I just saw a 12/13 year old do that over 8 other kids at our last conpetition. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. I know he was only 12 because he was in the same sparring age group as my son.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Off one jump? That would be pretty impressive. Post some video!

Yea I'm going to tape and send to Bob so he can post I do not know how to do that. Remember they are not power kicks just hitting the bag with speed as he is comming down from the kick. He does it on the new TKD bags that are big on top and come down in size at the end of the bag, kinda like a cone shape so it not on a even bag. Tricks of the trade.
Terry

Latest Discussions