Demonstration Kicking

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who does them?

What's your favorite?

I love doing these. Not to get into the validity of the kicks themselves, this is just for fun. It gives me a great sense of accomplishmnet when I pull these off. At 47, it's not getting any easier, but I still don't think I've peeked.

Some of the harder ones I've done in the past are the 540 and the triple front snap. This Saturday, I'll be doing a triple side, which I've pulled off twice. Until I break a hip, this will always be one of the most fun things in TKD.

How 'bout you?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
540 spinning hook kicks, jump spinning crescents, 360 roundhouses....all fun...

I recently did a twin front kick & punch break all in the air...that was fun...

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I landed the 540 three times, but I kept injuring myself in unrelated events, and had to stop practicing it for a while. I do the twin front kick, 360's, jump split kick (the one where you jump straight up and kick with both legs to either side), and a whole lotta jump and/or spinning kicks.

OP
Gemini

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
karatekid1975 said:
jump split kick (the one where you jump straight up and kick with both legs to either side),
I've done that one also, but the way I do it, it ain't pretty. :uhohh: So I dropped it. When done correctly, I could watch it 100 times over.

bignick said:
I recently did a twin front kick & punch break all in the air.
Just out of curiosity, where do you set up the board for the punch break?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So if you've got two holders in front of you for the front kicks...and then one in between them for the punch...I like my front kick holders a little wider and the punch at about my head or neck level. So basically the boards make a bit of a triangle...

My instructor had to do a twin front kick/double punch all in the air for his 4th degree...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bignick said:
So if you've got two holders in front of you for the front kicks...and then one in between them for the punch...I like my front kick holders a little wider and the punch at about my head or neck level. So basically the boards make a bit of a triangle...

My instructor had to do a twin front kick/double punch all in the air for his 4th degree...

I remember when I could do that break.
Terry now adays it just to much bad knees

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I can jump and do 6 kicks on a bag before comming down, but my friend can do 8, still cant beat him. 540 i just got the hang of and im going to break a board with it in a few weeks. 360's i do them all the time no swet for me, my instructer trians me hard on them for speed and power, for tournament fighting. lol the hardest kick i thought i'd never get right was the side kick :p

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Are they normal breaking boards? lol. ours are 2 inches and are harder then normal boards, my instructer always tells me to train for something harder then you have to. But double front kick and 2 punch break all in the air? they must be real thin boards, cause i cant really see someone generating that much power from both sides at the same time, yet breaking with two punches.

OP
Gemini

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Laborn said:
Are they normal breaking boards? lol. ours are 2 inches and are harder then normal boards, my instructer always tells me to train for something harder then you have to. But double front kick and 2 punch break all in the air? they must be real thin boards, cause i cant really see someone generating that much power from both sides at the same time, yet breaking with two punches.

I would assume they're standard breaking boards, but I'll let Nick answer that. Pretty impressive regardless.

Laborn, I'm working on 4 kicks before landing. If you have a vid of 6 or 8, I'd love to see it. I can't even think that fast, much less tell my body to do it.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gemini My 12 year old can throw 8 kicks before he comes down I video yhis week and post it for you.
Terry

OP
Gemini

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Gemini My 12 year old can throw 8 kicks before he comes down I video yhis week and post it for you.
Terry

Cool! Thanks, Terry.

All of a sudden, I'm feeling very old.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Cool! Thanks, Terry.

All of a sudden, I'm feeling very old.

Gemini I have been feeling old since the last heart attack, well atleast I have a son I can live my moment though now!!!:uhyeah:
Terry

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
rmclain said:
Hi Terry,

You've had more than one heart attack?

R. McLain
Yes rmclaim I have had a total of three in 4 years and had to have Balloons or stints put in the last time no big deal just been hard getting rid of the extra weight that I've put on. I just keep on trucking I see your in Arlington my school is at six flags mall by Dillards court. Name Twin Dragons MAS
Thanks for your question
Terry

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Who does them?

What's your favorite?

I love doing these. Not to get into the validity of the kicks themselves, this is just for fun. It gives me a great sense of accomplishmnet when I pull these off. At 47, it's not getting any easier, but I still don't think I've peeked.

Some of the harder ones I've done in the past are the 540 and the triple front snap. This Saturday, I'll be doing a triple side, which I've pulled off twice. Until I break a hip, this will always be one of the most fun things in TKD.

Prayers will be said for the hip joint of the Twin on Saturday.:) :asian:
Prayers will also be said for Terry & his heart!:asian

swiftpete

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Laborn said:
I can jump and do 6 kicks on a bag before comming down, but my friend can do 8, still cant beat him. 540 i just got the hang of and im going to break a board with it in a few weeks. 360's i do them all the time no swet for me, my instructer trians me hard on them for speed and power, for tournament fighting. lol the hardest kick i thought i'd never get right was the side kick :p

You can jump in the air and 6 kicks before landing? That sounds unbelievable! Maybe i've not watched enough films or seen enough tkd or something but i didn't even know that was physically possible. I agree, get the video camera out cos i would like to see this!

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gemini said:
I would assume they're standard breaking boards, but I'll let Nick answer that. Pretty impressive regardless.

The standard 1" boards...although I do know a couple of masters that have done it with multiple 1" boards at each position...

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Terry your son can do 8 kicks, are they effective kicks or just running up the bag? i can jump and do only 3 effective kicks before comming down. can only do 6 running up the bag lol

Latest Discussions