Demographics: Are you married, in a domestic partnership, divorced, or single?

Are you married, in a domestic partnership, divorced, or single?

• Married (male/female)

• Married (same gender)

• Domestic Partnership (male/female)

• Domestic Partnership (same gender)

• Divorced (previously married)

• Single (never married)

Results are only viewable after voting.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Single. never married, no kids that I know of. no pets anymore, as my apartment complex won't allow them. ummmm... anything else you all want to know? (keep it PG-13)... :D

Taimishu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Divorced after 27 years.
1 daughter, 3grandsons, 1 grand daughter, 1grand daughter due in 7 weeks.
1 cat 2 rats and a gerbil. Granddad to 7 rabbits or so the boys say.

David

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Living in sin. Same awesome g/f, who have known, and been with intermittently (we had some growing up to do, with each of us getting married in between) for 12 years.

Sadly, a good friend of mine and kenpo BB just told me his #2 marriage is headed for the courts. Hmm. Think mi'Lady & I will remain sinners...why get married, and ruin a perfectly good relationship?

Dr. Dave

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Yes, I have a picture... Is there a seperate thread? :p

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am married for the second time. Two kids with the first one, one kid with the second and it looks like he's going to adopt the first two. We too have had our differences, but we've managed to work them out...sometimes just by being quiet and reflecting inward.

Love, light and healing to all....

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OULobo said:
I'm getting married in a year and this is not very encouraging.
My husband and I started going together when I was 18 years old and he was 19. We've been together for 22 years now and married for 17. We have two children, a girl now 13 and a boy who is 10. It's been great! (Not everything we've had to go through together has been great, there's been a lot of hard times, but we went through them together and that is somethining I wouldn't want any other way.) He is my lover and my best friend forever. :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What about "domestic partnership?" Will that work for you sinners?

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sil Lum TigerLady said:
My husband and I started going together when I was 18 years old and he was 19. We've been together for 22 years now and married for 17. We have two children, a girl now 13 and a boy who is 10. It's been great! (Not everything we've had to go through together has been great, there's been a lot of hard times, but we went through them together and that is somethining I wouldn't want any other way.) He is my lover and my best friend forever. :)

That's a little better.

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Six years married. Smartest thing I ever did. We give each other strength.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
What about "domestic partnership?" Will that work for you sinners?
I wasn't sure. Domestic partnership has a specific legal definition in some jurisdictions.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have been married to my love for 23 years. We have two almost grown children if you consider a 20 yr. half-dependent, independent thinking daughter grown, I don't quite, until she's not heading for disaster. My son is 17, will graduate next year. And a poodle and two cockatiels, one talks alot. Lived most of my adult life, 20 years, in So. California but this has been a better place to raise kids (MN) the last 12 years. Our marriage has had its serious ups and its serious downs but with God's help, we have stayed together. We complement each other alot. We are great in adversity - really pull together. We have the same interests, tastes - mostly artistic. Marriage is great if you marry for the right reasons, love, companionship, soul mate. But any relationship requires alot of work especially if you are committed. Its just hard to get that level of commitment when you live together. Been there done that. It worked the last time, got married. On Commitment: Will you be there when I get sick or old and gray? I know my husband will and I will be there for him.....God bless you all with happiness and health. TW

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
single. Had the "love of my life" once.We knew each other for 13 yrs and never married....couldn't see ruining a perfectly good relationship like that
icon12.gif

She's been gone 5 years and I miss her like crazy!
Aside from her.......SINGLE! NO kids!
Which allows me to live in the US and england...I could not do that "with family"
But I would give it up to have those 13yrs back.............

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Domestic partnership for six years this year. No kids as yet, but I would like some. My own little ninja clan!

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
RandomPhantom700 said:
What's a long-term engagement count as?
Well, if you both are not living together now in the same place and are still unmarried, then you would consider yourself as single. If you are living together (being a little more than just roommates), then it is a domestic partnership.

- Ceicei

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Married. Happily. So long that I can barely remember ever being single :)

Latest Discussions