Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very sad indeed...

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
They're reporting today that it looked more like an autoerotic asphyxiation incident, as he was found naked with rope tied around his neck and his genitals. Wow. What an unfortunate and undignified way to go, especially at 72.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They're reporting today that it looked more like an autoerotic asphyxiation incident, as he was found naked with rope tied around his neck and his genitals. Wow. What an unfortunate and undignified way to go, especially at 72.

I believe that also allegedly claimed Michael Hutchins, the lead singer for a band I liked very much, INXS. Eerily similar circumstances. Quite sad if true, but I will continue to think of David Carradine as I remember him from TV and movies.

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
Foul play or erotic accident or suicide... he is gone and nothing changes that.
He did not inspire me personally as Bruce Lee was my icon growing up and I knew DC had no apparent experience outside his roles so I did not follow him at all throught he years . He played a great role in the KB movies and I am sure he could have churned out a couple more good roles in films to come.

Its a shame and definately deserves a shake of the head...

OP
Domino

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
the question is why ? or did someone try to make it seem like he´d commit that awful act ?

At first I thought this, but with any suicide, always the question is why?.
I lost 2 friends at xmas just gone. R.I.P

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Caradine's wife and manager don't think Carradine died from suicide according to CNN.

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
R.I.P.

Growing up, I wasn't a fan of the "Kung Fu" series, but I think it's important to consider what contributions he did make to the MA world. For a lot of people, he was the first glimpse of martial arts to be seen by many. No matter the true cause of his death, he still deserves some respect.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So much assumption of how and why Mr. Carradine died. We know so little. Unfortunately, Thailand, especially the Bangkok region, is known for a lot of crime and a lot of trouble (not to say that there aren't similar regions of my own country or others). It is unfortunate that the man passed in such a way. Regardless of any of our views on suicide, this is not the thread to debate such views. Rather, let's talk about David Carradine as he was in life and pay him his due respect.

I never really watched any of the Kung Fu series. I watched a bit of the Legend Continues, though. Guess I was a bit too young to get into the original series. No time like the present to rehatch the past though. Maybe I'll buy the box set.

When I think of David Carradine I think mostly of his role in Kill Bill and of an interview he did with Terri Gross of Fresh Air on NPR. My favorite scene from Kill Bill Vol. 2 is when Bill (Carradine) is explaining the story of Pai Mei by the campfire while holding the chinese flute. On his interview on Fresh Air, Mr. Carradine discussed the dangers of acting in action roles and recounted the time he shot himself in the groin by accident. The man had a long life, full of good times and bad.

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I watched all his shows and I don't give a flying butt on how he died. He gave me good entertainment and I appreciate that from him. His private life is just that.

He was a good for the MAs in my view.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:bows:

“May the Source of peace send peace to all who mourn, and comfort to all who are bereaved among us." - from the Mourner's Kaddish, translated from the Hebrew

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Caradine's wife and manager don't think Carradine died from suicide according to CNN.

I was scanning today's news online.

David Carradine death sparks accusations of secret society murder
Vancouver Sun - ‎3 minutes ago‎
VANCOUVER — The death of Kung Fu star David Carradine has spurred a battle over conspiracy theories among his family, friends and even an ex-wife. ...

Carradine Family Seeks FBI Help
New York Times - ‎12 hours ago‎
The family of the actor David Carradine has asked the FBI and Dr. Michael Baden, a private forensics expert, to help investigate Mr. Carradine's death, ...

This reminds me of the conspiracy theories surrounding Bruce Lee's death.