Coroner: Doc killed Jacko

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20090824-ENTERTAIN-908249970

The coroner determined a fatal combination of drugs was given to Jackson hours before he died June 25 in his rented Los Angeles mansion, according to the official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the findings have not been publicly released. Forensic tests found the powerful anesthetic propofol acted together with at least two sedatives to cause Jackson's death, the official said.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard about that Carol, though I did not read the linked article. I believe doctors can feel great pressure from patients. I know of people who have demanded antibiotics for the common cold and gotten it! Ridiculous. Then you add in high profile patients such as Michael Jackson.

I do believe the doctor was wrong if he administered the drugs.

From a modern version of the Hippocratic Oath approved by the American Medical Association:
http://www.geocities.com/everwild7/noharm.html
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That into whatsoever house you shall enter, it shall be for the good of the sick to the utmost of your power, your holding yourselves far aloof from wrong, from corruption, from the tempting of others to vice. [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That you will exercise your art solely for the cure of your patients, and will give no drug, perform no operation, for a criminal purpose, even if solicited, far less suggest it. [/FONT]​
I know doctors can find themselves in tough situations when it comes to certain patients. However, they must first remember their medical oaths and if they are not strong enough to resist the pressure, they may very well find themselves in the situation of Michael Jackson's physician.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last night on CNN, Sanjay Gupta did a report from an O.R. where the doctors demonstrated the use of propofol. There was a full surgical team, including an anesthesiologist, supervising the patient. They even bagged and tubed the guy after he stopped breathing. One assumes that the team also had the resources to deal with other complications.

What I'm consistently hearing about propofol is that it is a drug for the O.R., and not something that should be administered in uncontrolled settings. While the coroner's report has not been released officially yet, and the doctor is entitled to his due process, the presence of this drug casts suspicion over the care Jackson was receiving.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The doctor was in error in giving into the whims of his Mega-famous patient and should have refused... but Jacko would've found another doctor who would've had less scruples and more greed... one imagines that Mike paid his personal physicians WELL to circumvent the oath and pharmaceutical protocol.
If I understand it propofol became the drug of choice (bad choice of words I know) for the OR because afterwards patients usually didn't wake up vomiting or nauseous from the effects of Sodium Penathol.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
The doctor was in error in giving into the whims of his Mega-famous patient and should have refused...

I'm sure that was part of the problem. I remember during the years after Elvis' death, Priscilla explaining that he imposed his will on his doc and managed to get meds he probably wouldn't have ordinarily.

Perhaps with all his surgeries, that was how Jackson discovered profolol and requested it for sedation. If he had prolonged sleep problems and was using all these sedatives, what, I wonder was he using to get himself going during the day?

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is bullcrap. Michael Jackson was a drug addict. He was known to have used Heroin and had needle marks all over his body. His family entered the house before authorities examined it, so who knows what was removed.

This is all political bullcrap and I am sure there is great pressure from the family because if it is ruled a homicide the insurance company has to pay out, if it is ruled a drug overdose they probably wouldn't have to.

Tragic anytime someone dies like this, but really he is responsible for his own actions.

Latest Discussions