Cops 1 - Ahole -

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf7vNfeuDzI[/video]

Cop totally owned the ****tards. Walk around town with a MP5 and a video camera. Clearly looking for a confrontation.

I do have one question about the cop's action. How can you tell by working the mechanism and dry firing a weapon if it's semi or full auto? And are regular beat cops trained to do so?

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In a situation like that, wouldn't carrying the weapon be probable cause to detain the carrier and check if it's fully auto or semi auto? Either way you cannot convince me that anyone owns an MP5 privately for any reason except that they want one (which is more than fine IMHO there's a .223 semi auto in my basement)

Also, that isn't activism, it's attention seeking and instigating.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf7vNfeuDzI[/video]

Cop totally owned the ****tards. Walk around town with a MP5 and a video camera. Clearly looking for a confrontation.

I do have one question about the cop's action. How can you tell by working the mechanism and dry firing a weapon if it's semi or full auto? And are regular beat cops trained to do so?

Pull the trigger and hold it back, it should click.

While holding the trigger back run the bolt.

Slowly let the trigger out.

If you hear/feel a click while letting the trigger out it is a semi-auto...the click is the trigger resetting.

Pull the trigger again if it falls its a semi-auto.

If there is no click when you release its an automatic. If you pull the trigger a second time it wont fall..because the hammer fell when the bolt went forward.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As far as training...the officer said "that is the same weapon I carry for SWAT" at some point so he has specific training.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
C

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks TGace. I did not catch the *I* in the statement about SWAT.

OP
C

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In a situation like that, wouldn't carrying the weapon be probable cause to detain the carrier and check if it's fully auto or semi auto? Either way you cannot convince me that anyone owns an MP5 privately for any reason except that they want one (which is more than fine IMHO there's a .223 semi auto in my basement)

Also, that isn't activism, it's attention seeking and instigating.

They were looking for a confrontation, and did not get it.

That officer was awesome. I know there are a lot of of 'him' than the ones we tend to see on YouTube.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well handled situation by the officer I do agree.

I have to say I have some sympathy for those seeking to affirm their Constitutional Rights, for if you do not use them, you lose them, so to speak. Utterly different context but we had the same thing with Right of Way in this country, where land owners were seeking to close public footpaths - the answer was mass 'trespass' by the public, which was a real nuisance for the police but it was necessary to stop the usurping of a right (the law was amended as a result of this action to protect Rights-of-Way).

But I do agree with the general feeling I get from my American co-forumites commenting on these pages that the 'activists' have an agenda that is a bit more anti-police than it is pro-Constitution. Making an officers day harder than it needs to be in the hope that you can get a 'bad' one (or one having a bad day) to do something 'stupid' is really not on.

Latest Discussions