Controversial Reports About Bruce Lee

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't recall the coverage of him including patient Zen master.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
e220981ee5e5e35561382914f6df66b3.jpg

Classic. That would make a fun t-shirt.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks, this thread is running kind of all over the place... maybe we can steer ourselves out of the sillies and back on topic?

MFC__2020

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So some people here have even posted that there have been some reports about Bruce Lee that are controversial and that make Bruce Lee himself a more controversial person. Apparently he was not always the calm and patient zen master that he's made out to be.

I don't think I've ever met anyone with your opinion on Bruce Lee. Ignoring his movie characters and focusing on the interviews I always kind of viewed him as mischevious, confident, and direct.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Folks, this thread is running kind of all over the place... maybe we can steer ourselves out of the sillies and back on topic?
You don't find these allegations about Bruce Lee controversial? Huh. Oookay.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever met anyone with your opinion on Bruce Lee. Ignoring his movie characters and focusing on the interviews I always kind of viewed him as mischevious, confident, and direct.
Confident and direct definitely but I never saw Bruce Lee as mischievous.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did a lot for MA as far as interest, everyone wanted to be BL.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not that controversial, the poor guy has been dead a really long time. Let him Rest In Peace.
I’ve paid my respects at his grave. It’s pretty close to where I went to high school, after all.

This thread is just a little fun. To say the inside part out loud, the idea is that no one really knows the truth so a lot of these stories are as unreliable as any of the outlandish things we made up in this thread. May have been too subtle a point.

Urban Trekker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
No, wait, you mean he was....human?
Personally, I'm not going to try and make anyone feel bad for recently finding out that Bruce Lee was a flawed human being like the rest of us, or even still believing that he's not. There's far too many external factors that has everyone believing this stuff.

Bruce Lee isn't the only one. Look at some of our favorite celebrities that have gotten caught up, such as Michael Jackson and Bill Cosby. Plenty of die hard fans believe these two to be incapable of the acts that they were tried for. If I was a betting man, I'd say that there are some right here on MT.

Do I think any of the people who are in disbelief of the flawed humanity of these celebrities are stupid? Certainly not. These are celebrities that many of us have idolized since we were children. Celebrities that practically raised us through the TV screen and on the radio. Someone telling us that Bruce Lee did x bad thing in y situation is like telling us that one of our parents did it.

Take a celebrity whose target audience does not include children and commands far less star power, and we're less likely to be in denial. For example, R Kelly.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not going to try and make anyone feel bad for recently finding out that Bruce Lee was a flawed human being like the rest of us, or even still believing that he's not. There's far too many external factors that has everyone believing this stuff.

Bruce Lee isn't the only one. Look at some of our favorite celebrities that have gotten caught up, such as Michael Jackson and Bill Cosby. Plenty of die hard fans believe these two to be incapable of the acts that they were tried for. If I was a betting man, I'd say that there are some right here on MT.

Do I think any of the people who are in disbelief of the flawed humanity of these celebrities are stupid? Certainly not. These are celebrities that many of us have idolized since we were children. Celebrities that practically raised us through the TV screen and on the radio. Someone telling us that Bruce Lee did x bad thing in y situation is like telling us that one of our parents did it.

Take a celebrity whose target audience does not include children and commands far less star power, and we're less likely to be in denial. For example, R Kelly.

Latest Discussions