Contrats Mr Wedlake

Atlanta-Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I recieved a e mail yesterday stating that Professor Wedlake was being promoted to 9th next month! Mr Wedlake's EPAK knowledge and skill are incredible, not to mention that he is the most published EPAK senior and a all around great guy. This is very well deserved and overdue promotion.

Congrats Professor Wedlake!

OP
A

Atlanta-Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Atlanta-Kenpo said:
I recieved a e mail yesterday stating that Professor Wedlake was being promoted to 9th next month! Mr Wedlake's EPAK knowledge and skill are incredible, not to mention that he is the most published EPAK senior and a all around great guy. This is very well deserved and overdue promotion.

I don't know yet but I hear it will be at Steve Whites School

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is a kenpo camp there October 6 & 7. Lee Wedlake, Steve,Zach Whitson and Dian Tanaka will be instructing. If I was a betting man, I would say it was going to happen then. :)

RichK

Green Belt
Reaction score
Some say after 3rd and some say after 5th the promotions are what you have doing with and for the art. From what I have seen and heard he definatly deserves it. He promotes EPAK with all of his heart why not have EPAK show the heart and promote him.

sbreault_2000

White Belt
Reaction score
FYI -

I found a copy of the flyer for the Kenpo Camp that was discussed earlier. It does mention that Mr. Wedlake is going to be promoted to 9th degree. Here's a link to the flyer in case you are interested:

http://www.neckf.com/events/camp06.pdf

It's not too far from where I live. I'm thinking about attending.

Regards,

Steve Breault

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, that looks like a cool camp! I hope Zach Whitson shows off some of his blade work. :D

Never had a chance to see a ceremony where a high black gets promoted. I'm signing up tomorrow :)

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've tried twice now to download that flyer and it hasn't worked yet. When and where is this going to take place?

Is there anywhere else this is posted by chance? My instructor is his student and would like to attend the event. I was hoping to send him a flyer next time I get to the studio but it didn't download the thing.

OP
A

Atlanta-Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I will give Mr Whitson a call today and see what he is going to be teaching. I am lucky enough to be able to go to his home and train about every month and his knive work is incredible. What a kick but seminar. All the instructors are very very top notch people and kenpoist. I need to try to get my butt to that one.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will give Mr Whitson a call today and see what he is going to be teaching. I am lucky enough to be able to go to his home and train about every month and his knive work is incredible. What a kick but seminar. All the instructors are very very top notch people and kenpoist. I need to try to get my butt to that one.

It sure looks like a great seminar, and New England in the fall is absolutely magical. That will likely be the perfect week for the leaves as well :)

Jason, I just checked the links again and they are coming up fine on my machine. The registration forms are all in .pdf format. You will need Acrobat Reader and the Acrobat Reader plug-in for your browser.

If you still have trouble, PM me with your fax number and I'll fax you a hardcopy :)

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm downloading the newest version of adobe right now. Hopefully that helps.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
NECKF Fall Camp 2006
October 6 & 7, 2006
Family Martial Arts Center
Fitchburg, MA
(978) 342-9911

Instructors
Mr. Lee Wedlake - 9th Degree Black Belt
Mr. Steve White - 7th Degree Black Belt
Mr. Zach Whitson - 7th Degree Black Belt
Ms. Dian Tanaka-Whitson - 6th Degree Black Belt

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, that looks like a cool camp! I hope Zach Whitson shows off some of his blade work. :D

Never had a chance to see a ceremony where a high black gets promoted. I'm signing up tomorrow :)

Mr. and Mrs. Whitson will be teaching Pilipino drills with both stick and knife. They hold instructor degree's in Pekiti-Tirsia Kali and Cacoy Doce Pares styles.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score

I was among the ancient seniors consulted, and all of us gave our wholehearted approval. Mr. Wedlake is a gentleman and a scholar of the arts and deserves every accolade given. I first met Lee back in the dark ages at Mr. Parker's house and have always been impressed with his intelligence and approach. He will wear it proudly, deservedly, and with class and dignity.

OP
A

Atlanta-Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know who will be the one to "officially" promote him? Or is it more that all the seniors are getting together and doing it?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. and Mrs. Whitson will be teaching Pilipino drills with both stick and knife. They hold instructor degree's in Pekiti-Tirsia Kali and Cacoy Doce Pares styles.

That is FANTASTIC! Thank you very much for posting that!

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I haven't trained in EPAK since the early 80's (long story)... but I can remember hearing Mr. Wedlakes name come up even back then...

It's a shame... well, not really a shame... but, I'm booked that weekend for a Modern Arnis/Balintawak seminar... otherwise, I'd drive up North for the events!

Oh, well! I'd be a fish out of water up there in EPAK Land anyways... except for the FMA stuff...

I hope all who attend have a grand old time!

Best Regards,

Andy