Common annoying mistakes

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by sweeper
I prefer a thai kick because you get more than enough force to compensate for the increased area and you can hit higher up on the thigh, also I like knee spikes. no one ever seems to expect those, especialy when you faint a punch

Touche'

I'll have to try that.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
sweeper wrote

"I have had people I don't know very well ask that second one and I usualy reply "not realy". It ends the conversation."

Same here, and I say the same thing :D They look at me confused :rofl:

OP
M

Master of Blades

Ill tell you another thing that annoys me. Its when stupid people go trying to tell me how Bruce Lee, who is one of my heros, died and saying he broke his back in a fight blah blah blah. And also when non-Ma's come and try to tell me what im doing wrong. I also dont like it when someone comes over to you and says "Oh I hear you do Martial Arts, block this, what would you do when this happens, block this!) and then they smack you. Ive actually been punched in the face by someone doing that! what do they expect me to do, break there wrist!

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"That when you tell someone you do martial arts or karate. The first thing out of their mouths is "You do Tae Kwon Do". "

hahahhahaha, 30 years ago if you said you do martial arts or Tae Kwon Do they would reply with" oh you do Karate".

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
K

Kiwi

1. But what would you do if I kicked you in the kidneys? (from a close friend when I was showing another friend how to close fast on someone).

2. Martial Arts? That stuff would never work in a real fight.

3. A complete stranger sticking his head out the window of his car and yelling hiiiiyyyyaaa!!!! when were working out at the park.
ug, ignorance AND cowardice...that one got me pissed.

4. Occasionally...drunk friends who mouth off to others, coz they are with a KICKBOXER (no matter how many or how big or how mean looking !!!)

Sheesh!!!

OP
S

sweeper

I have never had the what if, but I'm thinking a "do it and find out" responce would be good.

OP
L

LanceWildcat1

Sweeper:
I have never had the what if, but I'm thinking a "do it and find out" responce would be good.

I definitely agree with you on that!! :soapbox:

OP
M

Master of Blades

Ahhhhh the good 'ole what if question. Forgot bout that :D

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I may have mised a few of these so if this is a repeat forgive me but I cast a vote for the

"but thats not the way mr/miss SO-in SO showed us"

OP
I

IFAJKD

My most frustrating senario is that of the person who is in martial arts and give out opinions when they have not studied it in any depth. OR the individuals who make statements like Strength or muscle is a hinderence to martial arts. Myths, myths, myths. Or the Instructor stating to their students. "this is a kill" what kinda crap is that ?

The other side of the coin is the people who leave the "martial" out of martial arts. why:confused:

OP
L

lungshihpo

what bothers me the most is when they find out your into MA,they say oh really,i knew a guy who took martial arts and i kicked his a*@,that seems to get me more than anything,because what are they trying to say by that?thanks

Jason:asian:

OP
M

Master of Blades

I also dont like it when they expect you to beat up everyone! They think your superman!

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by tshadowchaser
"but thats not the way mr/miss SO-in SO showed us"

Oh. You mean the "American Kenpo" response...
:rolleyes:

Latest Discussions