Claims on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course (trying to bring this back on subject) if someone was to make a claim on the internet like this,

I do have real world experience...ALOT OF IT. Against real BADGUYS.

how should we verify it?

In this case, I would think that police reports, Emergency room logs and the like would be the place to start. Anyone who claims to have had real world experience but can not show a police report is either lying or considers "real world experience" to be the type of thing I got into back in kindergarten. In the real world, the police get very, very interested in violent situations.

Case in point- Peytonn Quinn (his web page can be found at RMCAT.com). Quinn was attacked with a friend by three guys- at least one of whom had a baseball bat. Do you think that there was no paperwork after that situation? In fact, Quinn faced legal problems when the creeps that attacked him then lied to the police as to who started the ambush.

This is a case where a claim on the internet can be easily verified without having to resort to other people's statements. Police records are about as solid an evidence as you can get for this type of discussion. Anyone who would claim to be real experienced and then say his stories could not verified with the police should be treated like an incompetent fraud.

Don,

Negative. The art is originally Chinese, but there happens to be an Okinawin organization going be a similar name. As problems occurred in years past politically within the Uechi world many off-shoots came into existance. Many had the view of returning as best as is possible to simply the Pangainoon system. Therefore some have allegence to Okinawa, home of Uechi ryu, some have allegence to China and some simply no longer communicated with either. Things beyond my control. Pangainoon is of alleged Chinese origin. Why would one need Okinawin permission to pursue training in it? Since multiple arts are taught in countries other than their alleged origin, why would one need any relation to that country to train? I've never been to China...but I have learned and taught Chin Na. I don't think it has upset the Chinese any that I have learned and taught it..do you?

Pangainoon has migrated to many, many countries as has Uechi ryu. As a result many fine, strong martial artists have been produced from these countries and many without any 'assistance' from outside sources. If I am at X rank and I teach you well up to Y rank in America and then you move to Russia and continue on educating students in that art...wonderful. You will either be a competent instructor based on what you were taught or you won't. Membership in an organization will not change this. I have received my rank from non=Asian MA's. There is nothing wrong with that. I have done so by working very hard over a 30 year period of time. An organization [any] will not do the work for me, the will not test for me and they certainly won't be there in the dark alley when the bg comes calling.

I do belong to organizations for fellowship. They have scrutinized my credentials and background. They have recognized my achievements after that scrutiny. They have not charged me one penny.

My real world experience, as I've said, is verifiable as it is public record. And has not been in disputed by anyone.

In my personal opinion the Middle East has a stronger 'tradition' than some of the Oriental countries. It is my wish to associate with them. They have chosen to recognize me of their own free will. That has satisfied many people. If it does not satisfy you then so be it. Either way nothing is changed. No one here can argue that rank is not subjective and relative. No one here can argue that after a certain point, rank is time in grade and to a point honorary. No one here can argue that the Asians have cornered the market on anything. No one here can argue that style X can only be taught in certain countries.

If anyone here wishes to believe that a particular country MUST have their hand involved, MUST have their seal of approval, MUST be paid tribute...then we will respectfully disagree. If you feel that colors any input I have on any other subject that is entirely up to you. Either way nothing is changed.

This dead horse is a die hard :rofl:

Anyone who would claim to be real experienced and then say his stories could not verified with the police should be treated like an incompetent fraud.

Absolutely correct. As I just finished saying my experience is public record. Not proud of it, I don't glory in it, it doesn't bring honor....but I have been there and have/will say so. What we do is because some bg forced us to do so. And because I do have the experience I teach in the police academy at S.E.P.S.I., another verifiable source.

Martial arts as we've discussed has no rule book or universally accepted SOP's...and never will. FDLE is quite another story altogther.

:asian:

Originally posted by A.R.K.
As I just finished saying my experience is public record.

And how would someone who is suspicious go about accessing that public record? What are the dates and police report numbers? Remember, the onus is on the person making the claim- not just by talking as if it were fact- but by actually giving enough information so that people can independently verify the information for themselves.

Pangainoon is of alleged Chinese origin. Why would one need Okinawin permission to pursue training in it?

I do not think that is the point. If the art merely has the same name as an Okinawan art, but is not Okinawan, then what is the contact information for the non- Okinawan orginization?

The point seems to be is that the only orginiation that some people can find with that name happens to be in Okinawa, and the Okinawan orginization denies the claim. If an error has been made, then what is the actual orginization and/or teacher that issued the rank so that the claim can be verified?

Originally posted by akja
"I'm listening" but I've still yet to "see" it anywhere in a "traditional" school. I don't like to say it like that beause I'm learning some traditional arts but it boils down to what everybody considers all ranges, which we've had this discussion before.

I don't doubt you, but my description of all ranges is not just "quick type" submissions and locks on the ground, which is the case "most" of the time when people"say" they cover all ranges and "technically" they are correct.

My definition of all ranges goes deep into submission grappling. I've put a lot of time in BJJ just for that reason. I don't want an argument about whose arts are better or whose definitions are right.

I teach my students how to fight from their backs, the way I was taught and I do this for a reason. To "truly understand" the ground, you need to put in the time "on the ground", not just going to the ground briefly and getting back up.

I spend close to a third of my teaching time (not for a new beginner though, but soon they will be there too) on the ground. Most people seem to think that we look to the ground to end a fight. We know thats a "dangerous" place to be in a real fight.

Thats just the type of training that "I beleive" it takes to be able to defeat someone with wrestling experience, which in America is common. Actually in high school I did fight one of the wrestlers and even though I had been in Kajukenbo for several years, I did not get the message yet.

So just for clarification. I am a "student" of traditional Ju Jitsu and I draw most of my grappling from BJJ and now I'm incorporating traditional Ju Jitsu in because I see both trad. JJ and BJJ as going well together. Trad. JJ opens up new doors that the BJJ world does not see and vice versa.

To give you an idea of how strongly I feel about the extensive matwork, I have a student who is a Thai fighter and he is good too. He can kick the crap out of the average Karate balck belt. I said "AVERAGE" so as not to step on to many toes with my statement. The truth is, he is an "acclimated" fighter.

I've told him all along that by brown belt I expect him to be a well versed grappler. He is definately equivalent to black belt. I put him in for a Sankyu. Hanshi has signed the certificate and sent it back to me. This was in March. Although I will give it to him soon, I have yet to give it to him because I'm pushing him to go deeper in his grappling.

So Dave, if you can direct me to some links or post something that I could see, that would be great. I can't dispute anybodys "truth in martial arts" but I have yet to see "my methods" in someone elses school. On a side note, My Kempo Ju Jitsu is primarily based on Jun Fan and BJJ. So it still is some what differant no matter how we look at it. It would be wrong to say itis "JUST" Gung-Fu or Ju Jitsu or Karate.

But it would be correct to say it is Karate, Ju Jitsu and Gung-Fu.:asian:

I can't really point you anywhere on the net... Mr. Monea is incredibly modest when it comes to showing what he can do beyond the dojo. I can tell you that he is teaching Kempo, according to the way the old texts show it.
He tells us that Kempo in its original form also incorporated grappling, and can demonstrate this from kata. our school is very traditional, we maintain all facets of dojo ettiquette, and Senseii is very strict when it comes to enforcing it.
As I say though, I can't really show you anything. Even when he was contacted by a local MA magazine, he told them that they would be better off interviewing his students rather than himself. His words were something along the lines of, "It would be boring to interview me, as I have no original thoughts of my own, when it comes to martial arts. Everything I say or do has been said or done before."
Of course I am paraphrasing, but you get the point, right?

I can tell you that when we train in the grappling side of things, we will do so many basics you think you're going to break before you get any 'real' stuff in. We spent 2 hours one night, doing break falls.

We were seperated into 4 groups, one group to a corner of the room. The lights went out, the strobe went on, the music went loud(like a night club), and we had kick shields piled up, abot 3 Ft. high, in the middle of the room.
He blew his whistle(the only way he could be heard over the music), and we ran full pelt in an "X" pattern, and did the old diving break falls over the pads. Man, talk about adrenal stress!!
This is just one of many things we have done in class, if you want to know more, you'll just have to come visit.

--Dave

Absolutely correct. As I just finished saying my experience is public record. Not proud of it, I don't glory in it, it doesn't bring honor....but I have been there and have/will say so. What we do is because some bg forced us to do so. And because I do have the experience I teach in the police academy at S.E.P.S.I., another verifiable source.

Martial arts as we've discussed has no rule book or universally accepted SOP's...and never will. FDLE is quite another story altogther.

What is S.E.P.S.I.?

--Dave

Assuming we are talking about an Officer/Instructor....

Simple, call FDLE and ask if they are a State certified Police Instructor.

Simple, call S.E.P.S.I. and ask if they have taught Academy/In-service classes.

Simple, call the Sheriff's Office and speak with a Supervisor that has first hand knowledge of the individual and that individuals background and history.

Uses-of-force are of course public record. It is my understanding that anyone coming into the agency, such as the media, has full access to work involved information. Procedures from out-of-state or out-of-country I am not familar with as it's never come up in regards to me personally.

FDLE & SEPSI numbers are available on the internet. Policy prohibits me from posting department numbers on the internet in an open forum. However email communication seems to be fine. If anyone wished to speak with a Cpl. or Sgt familar with me, they have but to communicate with me via email. Of course the trust issue comes into play that Chufeng mentioned in regards to individuals attesting to anything regardless of the arena.

As other officers have publically vouched for me here, along with my real world experiences it has never come up. Everyone seems to be satisfied that this information is factual. If you need any contact then simply email me. I will not be checking it till Tuesday of next week if you chose to do so, I don't go online on my days off.

As to the martial arts, same goes via email. Plenty of excellent, valid organization which are open to practitioners/Instructors of various styles. Organizations that require all kinds of documentation, verification numbers, personal references etc. One organization put me under the microscope for two months, asking for details on this and that and teachers and dates and numbers etc. Understandable because my training has not been restricted to America as I've lived in the Middle East.

I'm off to start my weekend. To all stay safe.

D.Cobb,

My apologies, I forget sometimes to give the whole thing. It stands for the South Eastern Public Safety Institute in St. Petersburg Fl. We run all of the Academies out of there i.e. Police, Corrections, EOT, Fire, Probation & Parole etc. Also in-service classes for Agencies in the surrounding counties.

Uses-of-force are of course public record. It is my understanding that anyone coming into the agency, such as the media, has full access to work involved information. Procedures from out-of-state or out-of-country I am not familar with as it's never come up in regards to me personally.

FDLE & SEPSI numbers are available on the internet. Policy prohibits me from posting department numbers on the internet in an open forum. However email communication seems to be fine. If anyone wished to speak with a Cpl. or Sgt familar with me, they have but to communicate with me via email. Of course the trust issue comes into play that Chufeng mentioned in regards to individuals attesting to anything regardless of the arena.

Strange, it all seems to come down to your word rather than something someone else could call or contact on their own. You can not even seem to be able to give report numbers, dates and other relevent information that would help the suspicious.

Of course, I would trust a police department that I could verify the phone number of and then call to check on the police report facts given to me. E-mail and messege boards are not very trustworthy. There are many, many cases of which I am aware that people have gotten more than one screen name on a BBS to praise themselves, or gotten friends to do so. I prefer to get a police report number and call a station myself (after confirming in a phone book that the number is real and not a friend of the guy making the claims) before I would trust anyone on the internet.

Both sides...
Regardless of where you fall on this issue, please don't use my comments to bolster your argument...
I am done with this circular argument...
Have been for awhile, now...don't feel like swimming with sharks at the moment...when I do, I'll let you know.

chufeng

Originally posted by MartialArtist
Covering all ranges means that you should be pretty rounded in all ranges of fighting... That does not mean you have to be the best submission fighter, that defeats the whole purpose, because if you just use submissions, then you aren't well rounded.

Your teaching methods are unique, since they are your's. Mine are also unique. My instructors in the past had a unique teaching style was unique. It differs for most people.

Thats all I was really saying but too many people read the posts word for word. Words many times have multiple meanings and it is natural sometimes to read things in a differant light than they were meant. I acknowledged that "all ranges" differ from school to school but that mine includes extensive groundwork.

There are 2 reasons why I stress extensive "ground work".

One, because it is the best way to totally have a complete "understanding" of both offense and defense on the ground.

Two, with that level of an understanding of the ground, we should be able to get out of a dangerous ground situation in the street, or at least work to a better position.

Many people claims they do a lot of ground work but in reality, "in my opinion", its not enough. So they are a standup art. Mine is not completely a standup art. There is more standup, that is where my heart is, but I am also a grappler. :asian:

Military TKD is similiar to hapkido, some boxing, wrestling and jujitsu takedowns and submissions, and many fast kicks and power kicks that are found in muay thai and sport TKD. Only that high kicks are only practiced for indirect means.

Military TKD isn't for people in the military, just a name for its militant nature. Most of the training I went to was full-contact sparring. The conditioning aspect of it is comparable to that of the British SAS, and 1-2 hours out of the 4 hours training (takes some dedication as you might imagine) were conditioning. Depends on the day, as it's impossible to go 4 hours everyday. But there was a lot of character building, especially the mental part.

And yes, most of the TKD is one that is most common in the mall. I don't deny it, and I don't look the other way. It's nearly impossible to find a school that is not watereddown or sport-oriented in the US. If the local wrestling club (which preps middle schoolers for high school wrestling) gets sued because a kid sprained his ankle, what do you expect out of any MA school where the people are punched in the face?

Sounds kinda like how Combat Hapkido evolved from traditional Hapkido. I always like Hapkido, it was the second art I ever trained it back in the '70's. I'm not sure if there any traditional school like that around anymore.

And it also sounds like the "name" is justified because it is differant.:asian:

Don,

Negative. The art is originally Chinese, but there happens to be an Okinawin organization going be a similar name. As problems occurred in years past politically within the Uechi world many off-shoots came into existance. Many had the view of returning as best as is possible to simply the Pangainoon system. Therefore some have allegence to Okinawa, home of Uechi ryu, some have allegence to China and some simply no longer communicated with either. Things beyond my control. Pangainoon is of alleged Chinese origin. Why would one need Okinawin permission to pursue training in it? Since multiple arts are taught in countries other than their alleged origin, why would one need any relation to that country to train? I've never been to China...but I have learned and taught Chin Na. I don't think it has upset the Chinese any that I have learned and taught it..do you?

My real world experience, as I've said, is verifiable as it is public record. And has not been in disputed by anyone.

If anyone here wishes to believe that a particular country MUST have their hand involved, MUST have their seal of approval, MUST be paid tribute...then we will respectfully disagree. If you feel that colors any input I have on any other subject that is entirely up to you. Either way nothing is changed.

This dead horse is a die hard :rofl:
:rolleyes:
You don't have to have been to China to be associated with it. The organization however, is Chinese, and that means that at least most the people from your training lineage should have originated from China.
Pangainoon has migrated to many, many countries as has Uechi ryu. As a result many fine, strong martial artists have been produced from these countries and many without any 'assistance' from outside sources. If I am at X rank and I teach you well up to Y rank in America and then you move to Russia and continue on educating students in that art...wonderful. You will either be a competent instructor based on what you were taught or you won't. Membership in an organization will not change this. I have received my rank from non=Asian MA's. There is nothing wrong with that. I have done so by working very hard over a 30 year period of time. An organization [any] will not do the work for me, the will not test for me and they certainly won't be there in the dark alley when the bg comes calling.
The problem is, you're trying to be certified in an art that was from X country from an organization from Y country. Relocated should have no difference on your certification.
I do belong to organizations for fellowship. They have scrutinized my credentials and background. They have recognized my achievements after that scrutiny. They have not charged me one penny.
And what is the background, your credentials, and what organizations?
In my personal opinion the Middle East has a stronger 'tradition' than some of the Oriental countries. It is my wish to associate with them. They have chosen to recognize me of their own free will. That has satisfied many people. If it does not satisfy you then so be it. Either way nothing is changed. No one here can argue that rank is not subjective and relative. No one here can argue that after a certain point, rank is time in grade and to a point honorary. No one here can argue that the Asians have cornered the market on anything. No one here can argue that style X can only be taught in certain countries.
At least back the opinion up. You just say the Middle East has a stronger "tradition". How so? Lineage wise? Spiritually? What do you mean? And that isn't the point. The point is, if you are teaching a Japanese style, you should have some Japanese association. As simple as that. There is a new BJJ instructor around here, who also voluntarily taught with me ever since the beginning of March. He's really young, being around 25. He learned BJJ in the US. His late BJJ instructor also learned BJJ in the US... However, his teacher did indeed have ties with the Gracies. And they are all authentic, not from some third-rate organization. It's not about what countries that X art is being taught at. It is that NO MATTER WHAT COUNTRY, THERE SHOULD BE TIES TO THE ORIGINAL COUNTRY.

Last time I heard, there was really no restriction on what countries the seal could be sent. You can have an authentic seal and certificate in ANY country, so I don't know what you are talking about.

[Edit] Grammatical Error on teaches/taught

OMG, have you seen any of them? They are badasses because they can break plywood boards! Plus, did you know they memorized 20 forms? Did you know they can yell real "kiyaahhh" real loud too? I wouldn't want to tangle with them, even if it was a friendly exhibition sparring match. They're too deadly. I would advise you to do the same.

I was saying that I "personally Know" some fighters that are good and they're primary art is TKD. But I would not say they are top notch. Of course they couldn't touch me.:D

Recently I went to pizza parlor and there was a TKD school next door. There was probably 20 kids lined up, all black and brown belts. They were taking turns, one at a time kicking a kicking shield. And one by one each of them "bounced" off of the kicking shield. But they spinned pretty good.:D

Thats all I was really saying but too many people read the posts word for word. Words many times have multiple meanings and it is natural sometimes to read things in a differant light than they were meant. I acknowledged that "all ranges" differ from school to school but that mine includes extensive groundwork.

There are 2 reasons why I stress extensive "ground work".

One, because it is the best way to totally have a complete "understanding" of both offense and defense on the ground.

Two, with that level of an understanding of the ground, we should be able to get out of a dangerous ground situation in the street, or at least work to a better position.

Many people claims they do a lot of ground work but in reality, "in my opinion", its not enough. So they are a standup art. Mine is not completely a standup art. There is more standup, that is where my heart is, but I am also a grappler. :asian:
Of course every combat art has extensive grappling. But there is no reason to have it 50/50 or anything like that. It is up to the person to decide if he wants as much grappling as striking, or etc. I personally am more of a 75/25 type of guy. There are people who are 90/10 striking/grappling, but that doesn't mean that they aren't good grapplers. I have one person who's, I don't know, I won't put a number on him because I have never seen him fight really, but he's been a wrestler all his life. Yet, when he spars, he's more of a striker. Doesn't mean he's a bad grappler at all, he just chooses to grapple when he thinks is right. I don't understand why, he's a much better grappler than he is a striker, but he's still very good.

I was saying that I "personally Know" some fighters that are good and they're primary art is TKD. But I would not say they are top notch. Of course they couldn't touch me.:D

Recently I went to pizza parlor anfd there was a TKD school next door. Thee was probably 20 kids lined up, all black and brown belts. They were taking turns, one at a time kicking a kicking shield. And one by one each of them "bounced" off of the kicking shield. But they spinned pretty good.:D
Oh dare you talk bad on the mall people :soapbox: :rolleyes: Don't you realize that they can shoot fireballs while doing a triple spinning hook kick?

Originally posted by D.Cobb
I can't really point you anywhere on the net... Mr. Monea is incredibly modest when it comes to showing what he can do beyond the dojo. I can tell you that he is teaching Kempo, according to the way the old texts show it.
He tells us that Kempo in its original form also incorporated grappling, and can demonstrate this from kata. our school is very traditional, we maintain all facets of dojo ettiquette, and Senseii is very strict when it comes to enforcing it.
As I say though, I can't really show you anything. Even when he was contacted by a local MA magazine, he told them that they would be better off interviewing his students rather than himself. His words were something along the lines of, "It would be boring to interview me, as I have no original thoughts of my own, when it comes to martial arts. Everything I say or do has been said or done before."
Of course I am paraphrasing, but you get the point, right?

I can tell you that when we train in the grappling side of things, we will do so many basics you think you're going to break before you get any 'real' stuff in. We spent 2 hours one night, doing break falls.

We were seperated into 4 groups, one group to a corner of the room. The lights went out, the strobe went on, the music went loud(like a night club), and we had kick shields piled up, abot 3 Ft. high, in the middle of the room.
He blew his whistle(the only way he could be heard over the music), and we ran full pelt in an "X" pattern, and did the old diving break falls over the pads. Man, talk about adrenal stress!!
This is just one of many things we have done in class, if you want to know more, you'll just have to come visit.

--Dave

You're instructor sounds like my brother in law except we only turned the lights out when we meditated ( he wanted to see who would fall asleep, and I did).

In a way I do teach like him, I break things down quite a bit but I do it kind of in reverse to the way he did it. Instead of breaking it down to death. I teach my guys all the same at first. Then I take them break everything down in detail. An example is I teach Jun Fans version of Chi Sao. I teach it two ways, the Macias Method I was originally taught and I teach it the similar to Wing Chun.

After they start to catch on to the Chi Sao, I break it down into single or double techniques and throw in many new strikes. After they get good at that, then they are ready to learn the clinch.:asian:

Ability over paper ANYDAY. Seems those who disagree don't have much realworld ability but lots of lineage. Lineage won't help you in a dark parking lot...realworld experience will.

snip

You wanna get down to brass tacs...you whine about lineage and wall candy and crediblility and down play the realworld ability. Real world ability is not only the main thing Robert it is the ONLY main thing. Let me repeat that again in case you missed it the first time...Real world ability is not only the main thing Robert it is the ONLY main thing. Lineage is fine, wall candy is fine, perfect kata is fine, drills are fine, oriental organizations are fine...but unless you've used it in combat to protect yourself or another....its only a hobby. That includes instructors who have never actually been in harms way. Oh, yeah they can teach...from others experiences...but not their OWN experiences.

snip

So Robert, I don't care about my wall candy...nobody else here cares about my wall candy...why are you so obsessed with it?

I have to admit to being a little confused by the attitude you state above, and this quote I found on your web site,

He is recognized as the Founder of the American Realistic Karate/Close Quarter Defensive Tactics system with the title of Senior Master Instructor.

This recognition comes from the USADR, KYHA, USAI, AKOI, WOMA, IMAF, ICMAUF, WAKO, IIORK, WGKF, MAA-I and WHOS after extensive critique and peer review from recognized Grandmasters and Sokes from around the world.

So, you state the groups you beloing to as some sort of qualifier on your web site, but here you seem to be saying that none of that matters???

This is not to mention that at least one of the orginizations listed on your web site do not exist anymore- which shows that they themselves are hardly very reliable sources for the "extensive critique and peer review" you claim.

I am also rather mystified by this quote,

Originally posted by A.R.K. I could see you having a complaint if every other post from me was 'oh I'm so great cause I'm an 8th Dan'...'Everyone bow to me cause I'm an 8th Dan'...'oh, it's been 5 minutes...did I mention I'm an 8th Dan' or if I had a string of mcdojos and no experienc and I was scamming people and laughing all the way to the bank. but your the only one going on about it. Hardly ANYONE here would even know my ranks if you weren't whining about them. I don't have it in my profile...I don't have it on my website....I keep all my wall candy in a box in my closet...

As I said, I looked at your web site and found references to the fact that you are an eight dan. Anyone who wishes to can check your web site for themselves and see if it is still there. Check here to see. But as I post, your web site's section on the orginization you created makes this mention of your eighth dan.

Grandmaster-Founder David Schultz, Ph.D.
A.R.K./CQDT Senior Master Instructor
8th Dan Pangai-noon
Honorary7th Dan Agni Kempo
5th Dan Shuri Te

And yet in the quote above you claim that you do not talk about it and do not even list it on your web site. Can you imagine how confused I am by how I can see you say you do not list your ranks or "wall candy", only to find out that is not the case with my own eyes????

Folks this thread has NEVER been about ZDW, a.k.a. MRJ, a.k.a. ARK, a.k.a. Dave Schultz.
This thread was meant for bogus claims in GENERAL and nobody specifically.
So let’s keep the subject matter general instead of person/people specific. The ZDW, a.k.a. MRJ, a.k.a. ARK, a.k.a. Dave Schultz issue is a dead issue. It has gone and will continue to go nowhere.

You know Robert, if you and I can put away the sabers long enough we might actually find that we don't poise a threat to each other.

I have never have nor will I ever consider you any sort of "threat".

Don,

One thing you will notice is that bogus claims can be easily taken off websites and often are when proven to be fraudulent.
Case in point:
2 years ago I noticed a website that had my friends photo on it (Jake from the NFL, long time Tokyo resident....maybe you have heard of him.). The website I saw had my friend Jake in a group photo and the caption read “A group photo at XXXX dojo after extensive training”.
I showed my friend Jake the URL and he said that guy was lying, and that the owner of that site had only trained 1 day at the dojo and then hounded the teacher for dan rank but was denied.
I asked the owner of the site about it and he said he in fact had done extensive training and was a senior member in that dojo blah, blah, blah.
Jake informed me that person was lying and the Jake had translated from J/E & E/J during the whole training session and the subsequent faxes “begging” for dan rank afterwards.
Long story short……….I put what I had found on E-Budo and this guy was into some really bogus stuff and claimed 5th dan or above in about every rank known to man.
Anyway, after a few emails made by myself and a few others the reference to “extensive training” was removed.

Bogus is as bogus does.
Forrest Gump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back