Gettin' tired.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Anybody that knows me from MT knows that I often shoot straight from the hip when I post and if I see a spade I call it a spade. People that know me will also know that I don’t like to play “footsy” with people that I suspect or are obviously full of BS.

Some people have said I am bent on “fraud busting”. Quite the opposite actually, I never really look for them. 99.99% of the time the people that cry “fraud buster” are the ones I am asking questions about, they just seem to pop up and I ask them questions about their training, title, rank etc….they get defensive and cry “fraud buster”.

Living in Japan, for better or worse, buts myself and several other MT members in an oddly unique situation and due to our knowledge of Japanese/Asian language, culture and martial culture (and believe me this knowledge was earned through years of hard work and studying and putting up with copious amounts of crap) it is somewhat easier for us to recognize some of the BS claims on these boards as opposed to someone living in the west that may not be able to.

Lately I have grown tired of the constant whining and games played by certain members that have plagued MT lately.

These individuals lay claim to ranks they couldn’t possible have earned in the time they say, claim titles that they have no idea of the true meaning of, individuals that ask ambiguous questions and then ask for concrete answers, which is a form of “trolling” without actually looking like one, individuals that when asked what art they train in either cry “foul” and hide behind forum rules claiming they don’t have to tell, or give deceptive answers. All rather childish if you ask me....and it gets old.....real old.

It seems these folks must hide behind forum rules instead of having the integrity and “stones” to answer a simple question like “who did you train under?”. Where I come from those people would politely be called cowards in public but something a little more graphic in private.

I meet literally 100’s of MA people at various functions through out the year and two questions we almost all ask when we first meet is “what art do you do?” and “who do you train under?” That is a very common question for people in the MA, however, on MT it seems to be “taboo”.

I know the Mods on MT try hard to make it fair for everyone here but it just seems that the rules are being used as shields by people that are shall we say “dubious”.

Many on MT want intellectually stimulating exchanges of information. I have started several threads along those lines:

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23785

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23655

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21847

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22009

All of those thread got hardly any replies. Too intellectual?? I doubt it. There are some pretty smart people on MT with a good deal of actual training. If you compare those threads with other threads I have posted on you will notice the more controversial threads get the most replies and more views…..not the “intellectual” ones. Just an observation.

I have always said MT could be something really beneficial to MA people, and to some extant it is. However at this time there seems to be a tendency to allow certain folks to hide behind forum rules and use them as a defense mechanism instead of as a guideline.

This type of action by a MA person is something that disgusts me and I want no part of them or their whining.
Therefore I am going to take a break from MT and possibly return at a later date when either some revisions have taken place or people are not allowed to hide behind forum rules.

If anyone wants to discuss things via email fell free to drop me a line.

Always remember……….Just because you eat coal doesn’t mean you will crap diamonds.

J

Jaymeister

I'm sorry to see you go, since I've really enjoyed reading a lot of your posts. :asian:

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I too, hate to see these kinds of things.

One of my posts deals with loosing honesty due to offending what I deem "sensitive people".

There is one person in particular that is fairly new to MT and I know for a fact he's not with the program.(and since he personally attacked me on another site...I am too biased!)
But I let it go....I'm not a "fraud buster".
He can hang himself.
But in my opinion....
I disagree with the whole fraud busting stigma.
I do understand that claims need to be substantiated,but some people you KNOW are guilty and should be exposed! If nothing else....to save the integrity of the MA community and for the safety of others.

But back to PC reality..............

Hats off to ya brother!

:asian:

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
It pains me to see you go. Especially because of any individual. I will try to get in touch with you if I have questions that should arise. It is hard to find martial artists that are still dedicated to the ideals of "old" Okinawan training. Keep in touch and if you are ever in Independance at Mr. Oyata's dojo let me know. I only live about 1 1/2 hours away.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That blows... but it's understandable.

Hopefully you'll roll around this way again shortly.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Such is the case with written language. Mild curiousity can often be interpreted as fierce and accusational questioning. Enjoy your time away, take some time to relax and get in extra training. Go beat up on BOB he was saying nasty things about you
rolleyes.gif

With Respect
-Josh

PS "BOB" as in the body opponent bag not to be confused with other Bobs that happen to be around
frowntobiggrin.gif

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
RRouusolet, I'm sorry for the way you feel I certainly haVE ENJOYED YOUR POST AND YOUR KNOWLEDGE NO ONE MAN CAN CHANGE STRONG EMETION, ONLY TIME AND COMFORT CAN DO THATMY FRIEND. I too get aggrevated but you have to understand that some people that post have no idea the training that we put into are daily life's. Tiger woman said in another post only a certain percentage can acieve BB true BB and the rest go by the waistside and as MA'ers we know that. God Bless and Take care
smileJap.gif

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm sorry to see you go, even if it is for a while. Since you or anybody else should not feel this is happening. I think the mods do a great job but I guess some things are not controllable.

While I'm here, its people like you who have made Martialtalk a real pleasure to talk and debate with online and in threads! I've not actually found a better forum than this, and my gratitude goes out to people who actually make the effort to give their point of view and help people out on here because it makes it worth while and feels like your one of a community!

Ah I'm getting sentimental, still, come back wont you?! Have a nice time!:)

Kind Regards
Nick

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You were the first person I ever read a post from on these forums, and probably the most interesting. The dojo link on your signature was simply awesome, not only was it neat to visit your dojo in cyberspace, but those sparring pics you got there are pretty damn cool. You are just one of those guys, you can just tell has been around his art for a number of years and knows exactly what he is talking about, the fact that you have a dojo in Japan prob speaks lengths of the contributions you prob given to your particular style. I am sorry to see you go, I do hope you return some day.

O

OC Kid

I to am sorry to see you leave. You are a straight shooter and Ive always respected you for that as well as your knowledge. You will be missed.

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was trying to think of something very intellectual to say, but nothing came to mind. I was somewhat confused that the thread in question, pertaining to a particular person, was pruned of all the postings. It was just getting interesting with the admission of a teacher who could do levitation. I was just hoping that it could have evolved into either the Vulcan mind meld application or perhaps the no touch choke from Darth Vada Ryu.

Anyway, it's understandable that not everyone likes fairy tales. Myself, I'll wait for the movie to come out. Perhaps one of the Ninja Turtles could play the lead? Enjoy your sabbatical,

L

LT2002

Regarding the articles you posted, they were very interesting! Not certain what type of discussion you were hoping to see? They are pretty straight forward with references.

As far as taking time off, that happens :? Not certain what you wanted to happen by announcing it though? People much enjoy your comments as your rating shows they do. I have enjoyed your posts as many others I have read in my short time here.

There was reference above to a thread being removed?? someone tick you off?

Take care!

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
I wonder if he will actually return to read all of this?
I think he will. He is just taking a break.

- Ceicei

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This is sad news indeed...

LT2002 said:
There was reference above to a thread being removed?? someone tick you off?

There was at least one thread that was mostly removed as it drifted away from the original discussion, which was to greet a newcomer. Said newcomer had some, shall we say interesting claims about himself and his teacher :rolleyes:

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After due consideration I am going to follow RRouuselot's lead and take a break away from the forums. In the past few weeks I have notice a growing trend of virtual p**sing contests between members and more threads that are about people whining about rank. The hypocrisy has spread like wild fire here. Many claim to not care about rank yet that is all they seem argue about anymore. I don't see how whining and complaining about people wearing 10 stripes, gold embroidery, and holding empty meaningless titles does ANYTHING to help anyone learn about the arts. Perhaps I am just blind then. Who knows. For those who feel the need to hold such petty discussions I have a suggestion: GROW UP! Your training is more than your belt, your rank, your title, your position in relation to others, its is more than your personal image and ego; if you don't realize that then perhaps you should be questioning why you bother training at all. Because in the end those who cannot see past rank are left with only that... their empty rank. Practice what you preach. Some will most likely call me a hypocrite, and all I can do is agree with you. However, I am doing something about my own hypocrisy, which taking a break from these forums is a part of. For the sake of MartialTalk I truly hope there is a change, because if things do not change the forums will surely stagnate and die from a lack of meaningful and useful dialog. The sad truth is I do not expect anything to change.

For those serious about their training I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

-Joshua

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
LT2002 said:
As far as taking time off, that happens :? Not certain what you wanted to happen by announcing it though?
Well, typically, and I'm not saying this is an example... but typically the "I'm leaving this board" post is an attention-getting device similar to taking your ball and going home. I think we are supposed to reply with "Oh no please don't go we will change for you".

But I'm sure RR is above all that.

-David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions