Chilling implications

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ain't Communism great? It would be a joke if it wasn't so serious. I read an article that said China could stop the nonsense in days if they stopped sending food and opened their border. China has a juggling act. Let NK irritate the crap out of the West and do just enough to contain their antics to keep the US from sending more military to the area., :asian:

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
makes you wonder if the little dictator needs us to kill a few of the peasants to get them off the feed bill....

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like the gov't is ripe for an overthrow. My bet is on a military coup.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Seems like the gov't is ripe for an overthrow. My bet is on a military coup.
I doubt it. The way things are, certain military people really are pulling the strings anyway, without the problems that visible leadership would bestow. :asian:

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. The way things are, certain military people really are pulling the strings anyway, without the problems that visible leadership would bestow. :asian:

A very reasonable argument.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"Whatever your wife tells you to do, you do," says Mr. Kim, despairing. "If women say it's a cow, it's a cow. If they say it's a giraffe, it's a giraffe. We are slaves, slaves of the women. Women's voices have become louder. Men have become mute."

So North Koreans aren't so different after all.

More seriously though, the 'chilling implications' of the actions of North Korea's leadership extend to the West, subverting our own domestic politics.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/04/wheres-real-threat-kim-jong-un-trident

What is increasingly terrifying about this new war is the readiness of otherwise sensible and robust people (mostly Americans and Britons) to allow themselves to be terrified. The horror of a bomb is to those in its vicinity. Terrorism relies on the multiplier effect of publicising it, and of a possible next one. But it also relies on the way special interests, including governments, exploit the politics of fear, undermining their budgets and distorting their politics in doing so. This, not the bomb or the missile, is the danger.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-...-bombers-e-6-doomsday-planes-near-north-korea

First the US fanfared the placement of two F-22 Raptors in the Osan airbase of South Korea. Then it demonstratively launched a B-2 stealth bomber on a training mission over a South Korean gunnery range. Then it deployed an anti-ballistic missile defense system to Guam and positioned two guided-missile destroyers in the waters near Korea. And now, courtesy of the Aviationist, we learn that the Pentagon has escalated once more in an ongoing cat and mouse game with North Korea, of who blinks first, and dispatched several B-1 ("Bone") Lancer strategic long-range bombers to Andersen Air Force Base in Guam. What is different this time, however, is that unlike the previous very public and widely trumpeted reciprocal escalation steps, this particular deployment has been kept secret from the public (at least the broader public), "a fact that could be the sign that the U.S. is not only making symbolic moves (as the above mentioned ones), but it is preparing for the worst scenario: an attack on North Korea."

If you’ll look through “The Study” you will find previous posts I’ve made in regards to this topic. It’s been building for a while now.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-...-bombers-e-6-doomsday-planes-near-north-korea

If you’ll look through “The Study” you will find previous posts I’ve made in regards to this topic. It’s been building for a while now.
That makes it sound like it is a problem of the US' making. I disagree. NK has been sabre rattling and pushing the boundaries for the past 60 years, first encouraged by the Soviet Union then China. Things have changed slightly now that NK has a nuclear capability and now, even China is concerned.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That makes it sound like it is a problem of the US' making. I disagree. NK has been sabre rattling and pushing the boundaries for the past 60 years, first encouraged by the Soviet Union then China. Things have changed slightly now that NK has a nuclear capability and now, even China is concerned.

If China opened the borders though. the whole thing would be over in a matter of minutes though:
Lil' Kim, turn off the lights!, you are the last one!

On a side note, I find it rather appalling that he's chubby when his people starve...

Oh, never mind...let them eat rice cakes...

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To follow up ...

Powerful aunt and uncle at head of Kim dynasty

While Kim Jong-un's image-makers seek to portray the boyish leader as a tough guy with his finger on the nuclear trigger, it is thought to be his aunt and uncle who are pulling the strings in North Korea.
Kim Kyong-hui and her husband, Jang Sung-taek, both 66, are the Pyongyang power couple chosen by Kim Jong-il before he died in 2011 to help consolidate the authority of his son. Analysts believe it is no coincidence the duo were seen last weekend sitting on either side of their nephew at a central committee session of the Workers Party, where Mr Kim issued his latest defiant message to the world, pledging to maintain nuclear weapons as ''the nation's life treasure''.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/powerfu...kim-dynasty-20130407-2heqs.html#ixzz2PoBjxvyE

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, that is really working on improving his tough man image....

Gangham style....

Latest Discussions