Things have changed on MT....

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hate to see you go. I don't always agree with you, but I always read your posts as I expect more often than not, I will find something of interest, agree or disagree. And mostly on techniques, when I disagree, it is simply from the point of view of my MA; we probably do something similar, but a little differently enough that I prefer my art's way. Even if I totally disagree, it is usually based on my art's way of doing it or not doing it. No such foolish argument about my art being better than yours. Nor do I lever remember you doing that.

I have never disagreed with you personally on anything.

I will be sorry to see you go if you do as I think you always have worthwhile things to say. I know you must do what you want to do. While I do think a better solution is just to ignore those who act like trolls or seem to wish to gain any kind of interaction, especially negative. That is what I try to do from the beginning or after one or two posts. But you are not me and I am not you.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out well for you and your family..

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Enjoy your retirement. You were always one of my favorite people here.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, I forgot why I left, and a recent interaction on MT reminded me why I left (retired). And the fact I let the scam artist get to me also tells me I need to not be here. And there will always be another one just like him and I am tired of dealing with the paper tigers. When the knees don't hurt I'd rather train taijiquan and when they do I have the Total Gym and BowFlex. And after recovery, I am thinking about returning to Xingyiquan, if the knees allow. All better for an old geezer like me than sitting on my backside typing on the PC.

I returned because I was looking at 2 weeks off for knee surgery so I decided to reopen my blog on MT to be doing something martial arts related while I recovered, but the blog is no longer anywhere to be found, nor does starting a blog seem to be an option on MT anylonger. Then the pandemic hit, surgery postponed and working from home, and MT seemed to be a good place to kill time. But MT is not worth getting upset over these days, magic and mysticism seem to rule the day and I am more into the reality of Chinese Martial Arts than fiction, fantasy and wuxia put forth as fact by a mountebank. I have books to read and a couple to reread to take up the time, and a couple other web forums to peruse if need be.

Books:
- Lao-Tzu: "My words are very easy to understand." by Cheng Manching
- That Which is Before You by Matthew Lowes
- Tai Chi Dynamics: Principles of Natural Movement, Health & Self-Development (Marial Science) by Robert Chuckrow
- The Tao of Happiness, Stories from Chung Tzu for your Spiritual Journey by Derek Lin

I hope you all stay healthy

Well TTFN, I'm off to see if my knees will let me do some Sun Style