Celebrity Black Belts

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Based on how long he has been training and what people say about him I think it is safe to say that Ed O'Neil earned a bjj blackbelt. The same cannot be said about all celeb's who study martial arts. Most simply do not have the time to devote serious effort into it. So when I see a celeb with a blackbelt I am curious always if they have any skill.
icon6.gif

Kingindian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i know only Van Damme, Steven Seagal, Chuck Norris..., Jet Li and of course Bruce Lee..

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Rick Nelson, the singer, was a black belt under Bruce Tegner. James Caan is a black belt under Tak Kubota.

Kingindian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Guy Richie (film director): Guy Ritchie trains regularly in both judo and BJJ. He has a black belt in judo.

politician :
Angela Merkel (Chancellor of Germany, 2005—): Merkel has a black belt in judo
Vladimir Putin (Russian President, 1999—): Putin was awarded his 6th dan (prestigious red & white belt) at the Kodokan in 2000[32]. Here is a very short video clip of him executing a throw[1]. Putin continues to practice judo,[33] and in in 2004 he co-authored a book on what he described as "my favorite sport". It was published in Russian as Judo with Vladimir Putin and in English under the title Judo: History, Theory, Practice.[34] The book has now been made into a film called Judo with Vladimir Putin. In 1978, Putin was awarded a Master of Sports in both judo and sambo.

i copied it from wikipedia

Kingindian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
in BJJ black Belt (taken from wikipedia)
# Zack Roth (International House DJ) (Musician): Trains at Mrkulic Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy under Royler Gracie Black Belt and ADCC Veteran Mike Mrkulic. Holds the rank of First Degree Black Belt. [22]
# Bruce Williams (World Reknowned Blues Musician) (Musician): Trains at Mrkulic Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy under Royler Gracie Black Belt and ADCC Veteran Mike Mrkulic. Holds the rank of First Degree Black Belt.

Latest Discussions