Knowing

And preface it with :

Mother.

;) :D :lol:

John Brewer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
Jenna asked us to describe ourselves as what we are, not necessarily as we hope to be. So the question is, are you committed or not? :uhyeah:

- Ceicei
I think he meant committed as in institutionalized.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
In no particular order:

1. Stubborn
2. Quiet (until I get to know you)
3. Creative
4. Analytical
5. Caring

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Crane557 said:
I think he meant committed as in institutionalized.
Yep yep yep :lol: I'd want to make sure that white button in the back, extra long sleeves with the buckles on the ends come in a size medium. :erg:

Committed yes but not to all things... :wink1: I think we (Ceicei and I) know what we're talking about... :uhyeah:

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am an ugly man. I am a spiteful man. I'm a sick man...I think it's my liver. Oh, wait. Lines between lit & life blurring again. I'll have to get back to you on this.

Dave

John Brewer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
Yep yep yep :lol: I'd want to make sure that white button in the back, extra long sleeves with the buckles on the ends come in a size medium. :erg:

Committed yes but not to all things... :wink1: I think we (Ceicei and I) know what we're talking about... :uhyeah:
My Apologies!

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Jenna said:
how would you describe THE REAL YOU in five words.. or less if you do not even need five?
Good question.

1. David Letterman 'ish
2. Gilligan 'ish
3. Clark Kent 'ish
4. Benny Hill 'ish
5. Data 'ish (star trek anyone?)

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
versatile, focussed, perfectionist, righteous, broad-minded

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Speculative
Hardworking
Extraverted
Family-man (one word? tis now)
Aquarius (look it up, it generally fits in most repsects)

Your Brother
John

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks all for sharing! :) and here is a little coupon for you which entitles you to a free indian head massage.. just take it upstairs to room 101 and say you have my blessing :)

Lisa .. Nietszche referred to us all as human all too human.. I guess he never met YOU my friend!.. thank you

Scott ..being father AND son must be a reassurance of the continuity of things.. maybe that is one of the reasons why you are happy also.. I like that. thank you

Crane557.. I wonder has being committed and decisive ever put you at odds with the caring and thoughtful side of you.. or can you manage to keep everyone onside in your decisiveness? thank you for sharing this!

tkdgirl.. I can only guess what you must be like when you get to know someone if this is you quiet.. ha! just j/k wid ya.. creative AND analytical imply usage of both your hemispheres.. a good allrounder I imagine! thank you

Dave.. when the lines between lit and life blur.. go check your mortgage and bank statements! ha! that will bring you back to earth.. seriously.. glad to see you are a reader of something other than the awful Dan Brown pffft. thank you

ahh.. hongkongfooey.. you paint quite a little picture of mischief with these.. being all these things I imagine you will have gotten yourself into trouble before, yes?? thank you for sharing

David .. I guess if you have separated intelligent AND clever that the clever implies cunning! Niice. and I can only imagine that if your current AV shows one of your younguns that you need to be ALL these things at one time or another.. or maybe all at once!! thank you for sharing and good luck to you my friend!

Ah mister Xue Sheng now you should not feel compelled to answer questions that you do not like.. and I wonder were you mean mean mean before you got your gov job or has it been your work that has moulded you into a mean person?

Hey Nevada MO Guy.. ha! this is brilliant I like a lot and now I have my own little cameo image of you there.. and I will take you up on being Data-like and wonder why on earth that should be?? I have never heard that before though I can think of several connotations but I wonder which was the reason for that? thank you anyways

tradrockrat.. I like all these also.. especially that you are complex.. complex folk are interesting to me but can also be the most difficult to appreciate I think but since you are also open I imagine you are complex but at the same time patient to explain your complexities? .. thank you

hey ed where you been.. wow these are nice in combination.. and righteous AND broad-minded.. that is away from the norm for sure.. I wonder are you righteous among your peers or just among your thoughts, ha! just jokin I am I am.. thanks for sharing!

Brother John.. speculative is an interesting word with several meanings I wonder which for you..? hmmm. I am afraid I know little of astrology if this is the Aquarius you refer to?? But if so i am happy that you share that side of your personality with half-a-billion others ha! just kiddin.. I looked it up and it says you are honest loyal and intellectual but also unemotional and unpredictable oooh.. that IS complex. ha! thanks for sharing :)

And thank you all again!
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Thanks all for sharing! :) and here is a little coupon for you which entitles you to a free indian head massage.. just take it upstairs to room 101 and say you have my blessing :)

tkdgirl.. I can only guess what you must be like when you get to know someone if this is you quiet.. ha! just j/k wid ya.. creative AND analytical imply usage of both your hemispheres.. a good allrounder I imagine! thank you

And thank you all again!
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

I've been around for 2 years, and just got black belt this year! Then again, it doesn't take 2 years... well, ya know... That's what losing your job and getting part timer does for you- 500,000 hours on the 'net! I'm over- exaggerating there.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Jenna said:
ah mister Xue Sheng now you should not feel compelled to answer questions that you do not like.. and I wonder were you mean mean mean before you got your gov job or has it been your work that has moulded you into a mean person?

Jenna

Truth be known I have had the opportunity to be on both sides of that question. I have never liked it on either side. As the interviewee you are stuck. If you do not answer it can be a mark against you and if you do answer it may or may not be a mark against you.

On the interviewer side. I have been part of several board interviews and generally those are loosely scripted. On 2 occasions I have been given the opportunity to ask that question and on 2 occasions I have refused to ask that question. In my opinion it tells you nothing other than the interviewee can lie very well, which is a bad thing or possibly is at least quick to respond and may actually feel that way about themselves, which is a good thing, or once again is a good liar, and once again a bad thing.

However from an interviewer point of view, at least to me, it shows a lack of actual desire to find out about who you are interviewing and it truly tells you nothing. It is more of a time filler to me and I will not ask it. It is simply not a good question.

If this helps, one of the people that I worked with did multiple interviews and absolutely loved that question. The responses he liked best were any of these “Punctual, Honest, Self-starter, team player, hard worker, Knowledgeable, Confident, Conscientious. There were others, but as I told him, after he told me, some where contradictory. And although he realized that, he was looking to see if the interviewee was going to contradict herself/himself. And I still don’t like the question.

As for the mean, mean, mean, mean, mean – It was easier to type that dirty, rotten, mean evil and nasty and it depends on who you talk to

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
teacher
instructor (not the same thing)
intelligent
interested
empathic

Latest Discussions