Can you Describe yourself...

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
...in five words OR LESS? Simple. I wonder how you would answer?

~~~~~

Hello all my super savoire faire friends :) I have been for interviews over the last week for lots of vroomy grease-monkey jobs and I will not bore you with preamble but I was asked this exact question today at a big and fancy dealership to which I fumbled around for suitably big and clever interview answers as well as trying to throw the guy a little curve ball to give myself breathing space.. but whatever I said was not really the REAL me .. at least not all the time.. just the interview "me" which is not even a real person ..and anyway sorry that IS boring preamble... and but how would you describe THE REAL YOU in five words.. or less if you do not even need five? And I understand you are perhaps not strapped into to the same five words ALL the time and so in that case.. just what five words are you RIGHT NOW?

Thank you :)
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have NOT just picked these at random .. I promise .. these are the honest answers and not the oh-so-clever interview answers :)

1. driftwood
2. fragile
3. cockney
4. inquisitive
5. contrary

Female 24 seeks ... pffft.. I mean would you date THIS person? ha! :D

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
1) combative (according to a former manager)
2) sensitive
3) intelligent
4) quick-witted
5) stubborn

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
1. Quiet
2. Analytical
3. Stubborn
4. Persistent
5. Laidback

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
...in five words OR LESS? Simple. I wonder how you would answer?

~~~~~

Hello all my super savoire faire friends :) I have been for interviews over the last week for lots of vroomy grease-monkey jobs and I will not bore you with preamble but I was asked this exact question today at a big and fancy dealership to which I fumbled around for suitably big and clever interview answers as well as trying to throw the guy a little curve ball to give myself breathing space.. but whatever I said was not really the REAL me .. at least not all the time.. just the interview "me" which is not even a real person ..and anyway sorry that IS boring preamble... and but how would you describe THE REAL YOU in five words.. or less if you do not even need five? And I understand you are perhaps not strapped into to the same five words ALL the time and so in that case.. just what five words are you RIGHT NOW?

Thank you :)
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Years ago when was I interviewing, the questions that would be asked is what is your best and worst trait.

I always said it is the the same thing. Honesty

Honesty is my best trait for I will work honestly for you and tell you what I think is the best solution.

My worst trait is honesty also, for even when I disagree with you, and I believe I am right I will still tell you what I think is the right solution. You have to decide whether or not that is acceptable to you.

This puts it back into their laps. For they were looking for you to come clean, or to possible catch you in a lie later. When now as long as you are honest then they only have themselves to blame. ;)

But to Jenna's Question:

I could answer with a movie title: "The Last Boy Scout"

or:

Honest

Integrity

Hardworking

Caring

. . .

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

Obsessive, inquiring, persistent, honest, playful

How's that for a mixed up (but probably accurate) picture? :rolleyes:

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
1. Intelligent
2. Analytical
3. Loyal
4. Spiritual
5. Compassionate

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Loyal
Respectful
Cheerful
witty
devoted

That is me in a nutshell
Terry

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1. Loving
2. Analytical/Thoughtful
3. Dedicated
4. Brainy
5. Caring

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
Loyal
Sincere
Integrity
Committed (or should be anyway)
Intelligent

Jenna asked us to describe ourselves as what we are, not necessarily as we hope to be. So the question is, are you committed or not? :uhyeah:

- Ceicei

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you all for taking time to reply and so I have a little house token for each of you that you can cash in at the desk on your way home from Jennas speakeasy gambling and imbibing parlour..

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OUMoose.. combative AND sensitive.. wow I would love to see you fight.. "I WILL hurt you but I will not ruin your hair" ha!... Thank you my friend!

Ceicei.. persistant .. I like that relentlessness that fok like your good self possess and never give up.. and "quiet" is a word with MANY connotations to my mind of thoughtfulness and introspection wow! Thank you :)

Sheldon .. your knowledge could not be doubted my friend! and creative folk like yourself can turn ANY disadvantage to an advantage and that is the most versatile wrench of all to have in your toolbox.. thank you!!!

Rich .. the last boy scout.. I would never have thought otherwise and would not embarrass you by saying more.. thank you :)

Nomad.. ooooh obsessive.. and I am interested in that one because it has implications both one way and the other.. and you are mixed up but mixed up=interesting I think. thank you!

Jennifer .. all these things have great merit and are highly humane and but what of your DANGEROUS slice-n-dice side?? Hmmm.. that is a secret I think known only to your enemies!! :) thank you!

MT my clever friend ... yes all these things and a few others I might have chosen ahead of them... and you are sneaky and clever for using 6 and ennumerating only 5 ha! thank you :)

Terry my man.. yes what are we if we cannot be loyal and devoted to those we love and to the things we love.. you are a class act my friend! thank you!

missy bookworm my friend you paint such a picture here with only a few words I can almost see you there.. and I especially like weird and unique which are oddly attractive traits to me I think.. thank you!

Ahh evenflow.. I like sarcastic and I do not believe it to be the lowest form of wit as is said but rather a mark of intelligent dissatisfaction.. but still you are happy and optimistic so you balance yourself out well! thank you

And Technopunk ahh then I will have to think of five for you but I am bound not to say and instead you have left me wondering are our two sets of five words a match? ha!

And matt yes it is obvious already as I have said that you are honest and committed and these are traits not always easy to hold onto and so I wish you self-sustaining strength in yours! thank you

Carol.. ahh another sneaky one pouring the 6oz can into the 5oz cup! but I know you are clever enough to make it FOT! ha! and what can I say I am sure it is obvious to everyone that you are ALL these things and would need more space for the rest.. thank you

Ralph you do not even listen to Ceicei she is a big jokester and is winding you up all the way! ha! but knowing you are good for it.. and your sincerity is plain to see and I like sincere because without that EVERYTHING else is backed not by truth but by doubt.. thank you.

And Bob yes you surpass all the requirements and say in three words not only how cool you are but what cool stuff you are into. All I will say is.. when can we meet... ha! j/k.. or am I? :D LOL. thank you.

Thank you all...