But you're not a black belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heres some footage of a nice little "tappy" kick :)

I expect the MT guy was faking it lol as surely TKD can't be that good! The TKD guy left because TKD is so poor he decided to become a MT fighter........ or perhaps that wasn't a real MT fighter!

Serously though, that was a nice KO. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwSJQlfq9wY&feature=plcp

And are you trying to suggest that someone would be just tippie-tapping me while I'm lighting up their face with my punches and their legs with my kicks? He sure got me good then.
No, you are the one suggesting he would just be "tippie tapping" while you were "lighting up their face with punches". Where did this guy get his black belt? obviously not somewhere where they spar hard.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I expect the MT guy was faking it lol as surely TKD can't be that good! The TKD guy left because TKD is so poor he decided to become a MT fighter........ or perhaps that wasn't a real MT fighter!

Serously, though that was a nice KO. Thanks for posting.
surely you should know by now Tez, any footage of a muay thai guy owning a tkd guy is legit, but the other way around its always a "set up" ;)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks,
Let's keep things friendly, OK? No personal shots, no sniping... 'cause I'd hate to have to put the mod hat on for folks that can't play nice.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Folks,
Let's keep things friendly, OK? No personal shots, no sniping... 'cause I'd hate to have to put the mod hat on for folks that can't play nice.

Right on. You see this cat Mz1 is a bad mother-- (Shut your mouth) But I'm talkin' about Mz1.....

I vote lock it now, it will not end well based on who (1326A) is posting

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
heres some footage of a nice little "tappy" kick :)

Nice video, but what does that have to do with my stating that tippie-tappie TKD kicks is very common?

And the guy in shorts looks like another TKD more than MT.

Guess you can't deny that tippie-tappie TKD does exist at high levels of TKD as I'd suggested. The video that I linked was from the Olympics too. Are you pretty new to TKD?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Serously though, that was a nice KO. Thanks for posting.

Tez3, you disappoint me. I thought that with all of your alleged, wealth of martial arts knowledge, "coaching pro fighters", ring-girl, etc... you would instantly see that the guy in shorts looks a lot more TKD than MT. :uhyeah:

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No, you are the one suggesting he would just be "tippie tapping" while you were "lighting up their face with punches". Where did this guy get his black belt? obviously not somewhere where they spar hard.

Well he couldn't set up his kicks as I was pressure fighting him constantly almost, always cutting him off and lots of jabs. Maybe that's why his kick felt real weak.

There are TKD guys in the same joint that can beat me, but they are MT and/or MMA with TKD background. One of our affiliate BJJ group rents space from this TKD school. They were pure TKD for a very long time, but couldn't make ends meet as MMA was taking over so they transitioned into MMA.

I'm not saying that they all TKD do this, all of the time.... nor that they can't kick hard and KO someone out. Just that this is trained, OFTEN, for the purpose of scoring points in competition, as proven in that video from the OLYMPICS.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The people who enjoy mocking him rather than ignoring him if they disagree with his posts are an equal part of the problem.

well you know.... if one has a goal in mind...one must do what one can to achive said goal

MT has gotten worse and worse over the years as it applies to posters and ignoring, although preferred or required my MT is not always the correct way to go. Ignoring a problem or an issue rarely makes it go away. Saw a good web page go down to a whole lot like him that showed up because they were ignored and the good and knowledgeble posters left....page is still there... but it is worthless. And I like MT better than there so..... So I do what I feel I should.... but then... if calling a person what he is is mocking...so be it.

I still vote lock

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
False. I actually learned from my friend who's used to be a street thug w/50+ streetfights and also an accomplished TKD/HKD competitor w/a separate room in his house to showcase all of his TKD trophies. His curriculum was very hybrid as he included Western Boxing and Muay Thai into it and we trained to fight.
When ever I hear on a forum about anyone who has been in 50plus fights I think it is B.S.
If you have been in over 50 street fights and you are not dead then either 1.You were never in 50 street fights 2.The street fights were not street fights 3.The people involved could not fight resulting in severe damage 4.You are just so good that you can beat anyone you ever encounter.
Usually in cases were wild claims are made the most logical choice is 1. or 2.

But that is just my deduction maybe your friend is that rare case but its much more believable and rational to belief otherwise.

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well he couldn't set up his kicks as I was pressure fighting him constantly almost, always cutting him off and lots of jabs. Maybe that's why his kick felt real weak.

There are TKD guys in the same joint that can beat me, but they are MT and/or MMA with TKD background. One of our affiliate BJJ group rents space from this TKD school. They were pure TKD for a very long time, but couldn't make ends meet as MMA was taking over so they transitioned into MMA.

I'm not saying that they all TKD do this, all of the time.... nor that they can't kick hard and KO someone out. Just that this is trained, OFTEN, for the purpose of scoring points in competition, as proven in that video from the OLYMPICS.

It's possible that his kicks were weak because you were "lighting him up." Certainly, if someone is more talented or dominating you it can affect your game. If the Taekwondo guy was fighting under different rules than he was used to it could affect his mindset, as well, I suppose. It's impossible to say, really, as one person can't represent an entire style.

I would say again, however, since you commented about the Olympics, that if you sparred with an actual Olympian I seriously doubt "tappy" is the word you would use to describe their kicks.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice video, but what does that have to do with my stating that tippie-tappie TKD kicks is very common?

You might want to discuss that with Benson Henderson (TKD BB) who just defended his title against Nate Diaz (known for his boxing).

Tippie-tappie boxers are, I would guess, just as common (or uncommon) as tippie-tappie TKDians.

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
well you know.... if one has a goal in mind...one must do what one can to achive said goal

MT has gotten worse and worse over the years as it applies to posters and ignoring, although preferred or required my MT is not always the correct way to go. Ignoring a problem or an issue rarely makes it go away. Saw a good web page go down to a whole lot like him that showed up because they were ignored and the good and knowledgeble posters left....page is still there... but it is worthless. And I like MT better than there so..... So I do what I feel I should.... but then... if calling a person what he is is mocking...so be it.

I still vote lock

You're a hypocrite, why pretend :D

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
When ever I hear on a forum about anyone who has been in 50plus fights I think it is B.S.

Understandable, I probably would too. My friend used to be in a gang. Pretty standard for new immigrants who would flock to certain areas of poor neighborhoods where there's lots of friction with the established Blacks there. His gang used to go out looking for fights. He had access to all kinds of drugs and indulged in them all. His favorite was PCP and Meth...said it allowed him to train like a madman with his TKD/HKD + Boxing. Then they'd go out looking for trouble. He had a death wish pretty much. And he wasn't the craziest guy neither...that guy did get murdered.

If you have been in over 50 street fights and you are not dead then either

He's been shot 3x in 3 separate firefights. The big one, where the thugs said they're coming back with guns. He and his cousin waited for them at their grocery store. He, his father and an employee got shot. His family basically lost all of whatever wealth they had + went into serious debt from that shootout as their State didn't condone such and tried to prosecute him for public endangerment, etc... plus the employee that got shot, sued them.

1.You were never in 50 street fights 2.The street fights were not street fights 3.The people involved could not fight resulting in severe damage 4.You are just so good that you can beat anyone you ever encounter.
Usually in cases were wild claims are made the most logical choice is 1. or 2.

But that is just my deduction maybe your friend is that rare case but its much more believable and rational to belief otherwise.

See, this is your problem... you have it all mapped out based on what some SD instructor(s) sold you in a seminar and DVD's afterward. Not every streetfight nor situation have to be some Mortal Kombat death match. Many of his fights were him punching out a customer that got lippy at his grocery store in a bad neighborhood. They'd go outside to settle it and he'd punch them in the face. Before they made money with the store, they lived in the ghettos. Blacks would call him the C-word and he would call them the N-word, and they'd fight. It doesn't take much to get into a showdown with someone in a bad neighborhood, now imagine calling them the N-word. He said he'd called someone this in a crowded theater, etc. full of Black people. He lived for this. He says he would hit the loudest N first and many times, the rest backs down (unless he was way outnumbered or they had weapons).

He fought other Asians too. He got jumped by 5 small Chinese guys once. He said he got hit more, but said they ran after seeing that he didn't show any signs of giving up. The 5's ring leader was the younger brother of a Kung-Fu master near my house that I've known for over 20 years. That guy (the younger brother) also beat up a couple of Black kids who made fun of him at my middle school when he was an FOB. I mean he really beat the crap out them. He wasn't there during the 5-on-1 jump though.

It's been a long time and now he's cleaned up, has a family and made millions during the mortgage lending boom 10 years ago or so. He visited me at a Boxing gym in a Black neighborhood a few months ago and the manager there later asked me WTF is your friend's problem coming in here with an attitude like that (when the manager tried to sell him a membership)? I LMAO, he's still got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions