Buffalo NY, Oct 13 2006 - State of Emergency?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Roads are clogged with almost a foot of snow, and a gazillion downed powerlines and trees. My street is impassible. Power lines and phone lines are down everywhere.

Heres 4 pics. If you don't hear from me until spring, at least theres photo proof. :)

All taken at 2:30am, no flash. Goddess I love this camera :)

Attachments

• $oct13_2006a.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 298
  • $oct13_2006b.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 296
  • $oct13_2006c.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 279
  • $oct13_2006d.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 282
OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iso 1600 digital film, F4.5 f-stop, and a 4 second exposure. :D

Longer the lens is open, the more light hits the film, the brighter the exposure is.

:)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you. As for the snow....I'll trade ya :)

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Its a deal, you can have our high winds, raised dust and 35degree Celcius spring and ill take your nice cold snow.( I am so sick of dust!!! and summer isnt even here yet)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lovely pics, Wish we had some snow here.
Lovely for you I'm sure but for those of us who live in typically harsh winter environments (during the right season) those kind of pictures mean a pain in the butt/**** as far as transportation, communications, and just generally staying warm for as cheap as possible.

Try it sometime... :D

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Lovely for you I'm sure but for those of us who live in typically harsh winter environments (during the right season) those kind of pictures mean a pain in the butt/**** as far as transportation, communications, and just generally staying warm for as cheap as possible.

Try it sometime... :D

I agree the novelty would wear of quite quickly, It sure looks lovely though, especially those lovely photos Bob took.:)

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oooof---looks like you folks might be in for a bad one this season---had friends in Buffalo for a while and every few years it got to look like your pics there, but not usually this early in the season... has the river started to freeze yet?

Hope you guys get a nice warm clipper coming in to melt it all---sometimes central Oh. gets to look like that and it's a bloody disaster...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
and my wife wonders why I WLL NOT live in Buffalo, and I thought WE get slammed in Cleve..Hope you got a stash of "tamaters" to help get ya through...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well Bob, the camera rocks...the weather?...not so good. Sorry to hear you guys got hammered. Stay safe and warm. :asian:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that camera takes some awesome pics Bob!! As for the snow..DAMN!!! What a mess!!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL!

Gonna head out shortly n see what I can snap in daylight. It's a mess out there though. Ugh.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great pics Bob!

As far as the snow goes, I'm sorry you are getting hit so hard, but better you than me! Even better would be Lisa though!

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great pics Bob!

As far as the snow goes, I'm sorry you are getting hit so hard, but better you than me! Even better would be Lisa though!

Lisa gets hammered enough in the winter as it is! On the BC coast, when you wanted to say that a winter day was awful, you'd say it was like Edmonton, but if it was really awful---not just supercold but supercold and damp, ninth-circle-of-hell type cold---it was a day in Winnipeg...

Of course, the spoiled brats in Lotus-land were complaining about 4 degrees C. when they started moaning like that... probably still do...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It got cold and snowy here too... Not that much snow.

Thank god for GLOBAL WARMING.

Oh wait...

Latest Discussions