Bruce Tegner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taz3: The only reason I post on forums at all is due to the fact I can no longer do martial arts, I have allowed my body to turn in to a large piece of cockroach excrement, So on the Internet I can at least "talk" martial arts and fighting, Normally I only post if the subject is interesting and I can add to the conversation, But on occasion I see things that are so wrong that I can't and won't let them go, If you remember what started this was Danjo saying that Bruce Tegner went bagging to the Shukokai for rank, That's not true, They came to him, And with danjo this is a repeat, He posted the same story on the San Jose kenpo website 2 years ago, And this is really a situation I can't win, I mean how can you prove you don't beat your wife, This is what this is, But its hard for an outsider like me to straighten out the insiders on the board, And as far as twin fist, He has called both my instructor and myself fakes, I did not see anybody taking up for me, If somebody has a reference, Has knowledge they have the right to an opinion, But somebody like this clown who has never seen Bruce Tegner and has no knowledge of me and what I can do says that I think I have a right to get mad, And on Twin Fist, I have a lot of respect for Texas karate fighters, I knew the Greek and Roy Kerbin, And was around when Texas had fighters, Twin Fist from his own u-tubes looks like every other strip mall mcdojo, Sorry I'm ranting, so I'll take a nap and come back and see if I've done enough to be banned.

My post were for everyone to stop name calling and sniping

No one is saying you can't defend someone you think is being maligned, thats not the problem, all you are being asked is that you don't use added insults as you have again in this post. If you feel someone is wrong post up the evidence and they will be shown to be wrong but it can be done in a gentlemanly fashion.
Just saying so and so did this proves nothing and gives ammunition to those who disagree, this goes for everyone not just you.

Post up as much evidence as you can that can be checked by people who aren't involved in this, answer questions civilly and it may turn out to be an interesting discussion yet.

Jukado and Twin fist, one of you if not both be the better person and stop the bickering, you are both committing one of the sins I find most annoying....being boring!:whip1: Get a grip gentlemen.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah mods warning posted as I was writing.

Milt G.

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Taz3: The only reason I post on forums at all is due to the fact I can no longer do martial arts, I have allowed my body to turn in to a large piece of cockroach excrement, So on the Internet I can at least "talk" martial arts and fighting, Normally I only post if the subject is interesting and I can add to the conversation, But on occasion I see things that are so wrong that I can't and won't let them go, If you remember what started this was Danjo saying that Bruce Tegner went bagging to the Shukokai for rank, That's not true, They came to him, And with danjo this is a repeat, He posted the same story on the San Jose kenpo website 2 years ago, And this is really a situation I can't win, I mean how can you prove you don't beat your wife, This is what this is, But its hard for an outsider like me to straighten out the insiders on the board, And as far as twin fist, He has called both my instructor and myself fakes, I did not see anybody taking up for me, If somebody has a reference, Has knowledge they have the right to an opinion, But somebody like this clown who has never seen Bruce Tegner and has no knowledge of me and what I can do says that I think I have a right to get mad, And on Twin Fist, I have a lot of respect for Texas karate fighters, I knew the Greek and Roy Kerbin, And was around when Texas had fighters, Twin Fist from his own u-tubes looks like every other strip mall mcdojo, Sorry I'm ranting, so I'll take a nap and come back and see if I've done enough to be banned.

Hello,

I understand that you are defending the good name of your instructor. An honorable and loyal undertaking. And I do believe your teacher is no longer with us?

Sadly, the martial arts has degraded into a "who is more legitimate" and "my instructor was better, and there before your instructor" thing for many. Takes the real importance away in some respects. As was stated by "Doc" in another thread, the important thing is the impact your instructor had on YOU. Most of the rest becomes a "urination" contest, sometimes.

As I have stated before, I cannot comment on your instructors rank or training. You are best qualified to do that, between the two of us. I can only say that he is considered a pioneer of the martial arts in this country regardless of the training he had, or the rank he held. He was instrumental to my "journey", as well. Most high ranking instructors today cannot claim that "impact" on the martial arts as a whole for themselves. Even those few who were around "in the day". I happen to have his books: "Nerve Centers and Pressure Points" and "Judo and Karate Belt Degrees" right in front of me as I write this. I have had these books for many years.

I know you will never be able to "convince" everyone that Bruce tegner was this, or that. Every statement you make can and will be disputed by somebody. if you stated a place and time of Mr. Tegner's actual test, some will ask; "What time did it happen?" "Only the afternoon tests were the REAL tests", etc... There are almost as many opinions as their are practitioners. :)

Suffice it to say that Bruce Tegner's legacy, while disputed by some, was quite important to the development of the martial arts in this country. To go into much more detail will open the door to more questions related to more details. Many of which cannot be proven as the key player is no longer with us. Brings to mind the "James Mitose" exchanges... :)

Thank you for your information and participation. I was able to get quite a bit out of it.
All of you.

Milt G.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Rumors and misinformations....happens to the best of us....

for Bruce Tegner...who started before many of us were born or old enough to really know him....will never KNOW the truths...

Bruce Tegner ....was a great martial artist in his time...and one of the many that brought Karate to the USA...

Read his books...very informative...and true today....for traditionals...

Aloha,

PS: spreading the rumors ....can hurt if wrong!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thread locked while we decide if we're lopping any heads off for ignoring 3 Official and 7 Unofficial warnings to cut out the grade school yard level crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions