Book recommendations for KMG syllabus

robert.t

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

Newbie to the forums here, so hello all.

I was training in krav a few years back but had to stop due to an injury. As I'm just starting to get back into a regular gym routine I figured I'd do a bit of shadow boxing and bag work, try to practise some of the basic techniques that can be done without a partner (moving in stance, various blocks, punches, kicks, etc) as part of my cardio routine. I don't plan on joining another krav school for a while though, for a number of reasons.

I picked up a copy of "Complete Krav Maga" (Whitman & Levine), which seems like a decent book, but I was training to the KMG syllabus not KMW (so the P/G/E system not coloured belts). I was really hoping for a reference that would match the syllabus as I was taught it.

Any suggestions on a good book that matches the KMG syllabus, or is the book I've got close enough?

I've only skimmed it so far but some of the descriptions seem slightly different than I remember. I don't want to confuse myself by learning anything new from the book, just want a reminder of the stuff I should already know, kinda like the cheat-sheets we used to have for training for an upcoming grading. I had a look for those on the KMG site, but it doesn't look like you can buy them.

Latest Discussions