blinding powder

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
nice what i was going for what to care in the black egg or the tub not what made out of but if want talk about it i do know what really made out of

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
ooook in ninjutsu you surpost to use the black egg or modern tub pocket work to in bag

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
how about a BLUE egg? is blue acceptable? does it have to be black? Am I not a ninja if I use blue?

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
good point but same concepted

sorry if wrote same awsure my laptop playing blank out game on me grrrr:mst:

Last edited:
OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
most of bujinkan do i use a tub becaues i haven't done egg yet but tub care's lot more of the blinding powder easy to care about five tub in the gi

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When I practice metsubishi I don't paint the eggs black as it seems to be a callous waste of time. If your looking for a simple way to make blinding powder eggs for training I'd do the following:

1. Hollow out the inside of a dozen eggs by creating a small hole at both ends and blowing through one hole to push the contents out the other, and let them dry over night.
2. Make a funnel and fill the eggs with talcum (baby) powder.
3. Create a seal over the holes in the eggs with either candlewax or if you dont have time use tape.

while this is not the authentic way to create metsubishi it does give you some blinding eggs you can use for training. I also recomend safety goggles for this.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
most of bujinkan do i use a tub becaues i haven't done egg yet but tub care's lot more of the blinding powder easy to care about five tub in the gi

Considering that most of our ninjutsu members are Buj or ex-kan, I'll let them answer that.

But, explain what you mean by 'tub', because I'm picturing those 1lb margarine tubs from the supermarket, and can't see anyone shoving 5 of those in a gi and being able to function.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hear Coventry is quite nice this time of year.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I practice metsubishi I don't paint the eggs black as it seems to be a callous waste of time. If your looking for a simple way to make blinding powder eggs for training I'd do the following:

1. Hollow out the inside of a dozen eggs by creating a small hole at both ends and blowing through one hole to push the contents out the other, and let them dry over night.
2. Make a funnel and fill the eggs with talcum (baby) powder.
3. Create a seal over the holes in the eggs with either candlewax or if you dont have time use tape.

while this is not the authentic way to create metsubishi it does give you some blinding eggs you can use for training. I also recomend safety goggles for this.

I have a Metsubishi. 1994 Mirage 4-door. It's nice.

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
tub's iam talking about bob is stogi tub or cigaurs tub and yes thay can be red blue green but HIMURA on the point of the dozen eggs yes that is right do point on safty

Last edited:

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Right.

Billy, the "black egg" thing is a Holywood myth, the show "Deadliest Warriors" did it's best to say it was real... but neither of the "ninjitsu" practitioners they had had ever trained in the art in their lives.

What Billy is referring to when he says "tub" is "tube". The idea of a cigar tube, though, is not anything to do with the methods taught (the black egg is far closer). The only thing I can think of where a tube is involved for metsubishi is the usage of the saya in some Togakure Ryu Biken techniques.

Additionally, there were a range of smaller hand-held items used by samurai to "blow" powder into an opponents eyes. Essentially they looked like a box with a mouthpiece on one side. So the concept was hardly unique to Ninjutsu systems.

Himura, yeah, that's a pretty standard construction method. The painting is not to make them pretty, or easily hidden, or anything like that, but to add a little more structural integrity to the shell, making it less likely to break until you want it to.

The big question, though, is what it's filled with (which is where the "black egg" myth goes off the rails. as they claim things like iron filings, powdered glass etc which just wasn't available at the time). Most likely it was a range of minor irritants, such as chili powder, or material taken from poisonous/itchy plants. For training, a mix of about half flour (for density) and half talcum powder (for that "poof" effect) is pretty safe.

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
dam lololololo flying crane dude had to laught you hit funny bone

Last edited: