If you study the following for a year would it give you ninja skils?

T

THE BIG EVIL

1) Weight training, Isometric training.

2) Combative training such as Krav Maga, Defendo, S.O.G

3) Buddhist, Taoist Meditation.

4) Internal arts such as Tai Chi, Qigung, Baghua, Xing-I.

5) Survivalist training.

6) Surveillance & Counter Surveillance Training.

7) Battle field chemistry (Black powder, Poison, Blinding powder, Ect)

8) Improvised weapons

9) Climbing.

10) Knife, Sword, Stick fighting.

OP
T

tmanifold

What do you mean by "ninja Skills"? Do you mean the skills and techniques used by historical ninja? Then no it would not because they only way to get that (that we can verify) would be through Takamatsu to the X-kans. Do you mean a similar skills set to the historical ninja? If so then maybe. The list looks pretty good but add gymnastics and maybe a few others.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
tmanifold said:
If so then maybe. The list looks pretty good but add gymnastics and maybe a few others.
yeah you would have to learn how to build big kites! hee hee!

krav maga, defendos are not taijutsu. so i guess maybe similar but not the same as ninjutsu skills.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think with a year's worth of training, trying to master that list, you'd have trouble getting out of your own way.

Jeff

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
THE BIG EVIL said:
1) Weight training, Isometric training.

2) Combative training such as Krav Maga, Defendo, S.O.G

3) Buddhist, Taoist Meditation.

4) Internal arts such as Tai Chi, Qigung, Baghua, Xing-I.

5) Survivalist training.

6) Surveillance & Counter Surveillance Training.

7) Battle field chemistry (Black powder, Poison, Blinding powder, Ect)

8) Improvised weapons

9) Climbing.

10) Knife, Sword, Stick fighting.

NO.
You'd have an interesting and hopefully useful set of skills. But the only way to have "ninjutsu" skills is to study and train in Ninjutsu under a qualified instructor.
There are no 'back doors'
Your Brother
John

OP
E

Elizium

Brother John said:
NO.
You'd have an interesting and hopefully useful set of skills. But the only way to have "ninjutsu" skills is to study and train in Ninjutsu under a qualified instructor.
There are no 'back doors'
Your Brother
John
But if he wants to learn real ninj3r stuff, he could join either the CIA or the UK version MI5.

OP
J

julian

hey he could always learn all that stuff, then start his own art and then call it ninjitsuz!..ermm hey thats what everyone else seems to do these days hehe

*ducks*

OP
A

AaronLucia

In my opinion, gain all the knowledge you can, then differentiate from there..

OP
S

Scout_379

Or you could actually practice ninjutsu. ninja skills? wtf?

besides if you could master those ten things in a year...Wow! you would deserve the ninjer status regardless

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
umm... guys...

He is 24, lists his rank as "Soke" and is asking how he can become a ninja... Is it really worth trying to give a rational answer at this point?

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
umm... guys...

He is 24, lists his rank as "Soke" and is asking how he can become a ninja... Is it really worth trying to give a rational answer at this point?
Good call Drew!!!
I had no idea we were in the presence of Greatness!!!

Your Bro.
John

OP
T

THE BIG EVIL

LETS GET THIS CLEAR I AM JOKING WITH THE SOKE THING JUST LOOK AT THE STYLE.:idunno: BUT IT MIGHT BE A STYLE ONEDAY IF I GET GOOD ADVICE.

Kurohana

White Belt
Reaction score
While I am sure your intentions are good, "good advice" is not going to make you a ninja. Neither is just training in the skills you listed. You want to learn Ninjutsu? Learn from a qualified teacher. Train and train. In 50 years, think about starting your own style/ryu whatever you want to call it. But doing "ninja like" things, doesn't make it Ninjutsu.

OP
E

Elizium

THE BIG EVIL said:
LETS GET THIS CLEAR I AM JOKING WITH THE SOKE THING JUST LOOK AT THE STYLE.:idunno: BUT IT MIGHT BE A STYLE ONEDAY IF I GET GOOD ADVICE.
WEll if you are really seroius about learning to be a ninj3r, then you best learn how not to lose in the WWE ring to a stockbroker :uhyeah:

The only way you can get good advice is to find instruction, wise up and stop playing ninj3rz.

Latest Discussions