black belt!

JC2005

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Alrigght so I'm grading for my black belt in december, I cant wait I'm the only person from my school testing this year

:cool:JC2005:cool:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
AWESOME!! Good luck to you and keep training hard!!:)

Mike

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wonderful! You have plenty of time to get ready for that! Keep us posted with your progress!

What are some of the requirements for your test?

- Ceicei

OP
JC2005

JC2005

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
to even grade for my baclk belt we have to have a black belt requirement journal completed this consists of

52,000 push-ups
52,000 sit-ups
1,000 rounds of sparring
2,000 random acts of kindness
1,000 repititions of kon-ku dai (the greater) which is our last kata before black belt

I have currently completed my push-ups, sit-ups, repitions of kon-ku dai and nearly done with everything else

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
JC2005 said:
to even grade for my baclk belt we have to have a black belt requirement journal completed this consists of

52,000 push-ups
52,000 sit-ups
1,000 rounds of sparring
2,000 random acts of kindness
1,000 repititions of kon-ku dai (the greater) which is our last kata before black belt

I have currently completed my push-ups, sit-ups, repitions of kon-ku dai and nearly done with everything else

Hello, Wow! you have to do all those? ...Wow! .....Best of luck on your testing...looks like you will have no problems.

Still working on twelve push-ups....only kidding.....Good luck....Aloha

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
awsome... i just got promoted to black belt in american kenpo on 6-16-06.. great feeling...

i know you will do just fine... you have worked hard to get to the point you are at now...now you will just be able to show off your skills when you test in december.... :ultracool

OP
JC2005

JC2005

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys who replied and I'm working hard to achieve my goal and I'll keep you updated on my training:)

JC2005

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The best of luck to you...

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good luck!

Even though you're almost done with the requirements, what you've shown is that dedication and consistency will wear away the greatest barriers. Even though a large rock may be standing in the ocean, the repeated waves of water crashing into it will surely wear it down in time.

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
i think that thoes are awsome requirments for being promoted to black belt..

did you start this "log" of push ups and everything when you started to train???

OP
JC2005

JC2005

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
gixxershane said:
i think that thoes are awsome requirments for being promoted to black belt..

did you start this "log" of push ups and everything when you started to train???

yes, for all new comers that is what your requirements. The thing is that I would have already graded last year for black belt but my sensei made this up last January so I wasnt able to finish all of my rounds of sparring so I had to wait another year. so everyone else gets there entire training length and I only had the 10 months. I did train hard though to try and get as many as I could.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best wishes on your test, JC2005. Sounds like you've worked hard for it. Makes it all that much sweeter when you put it on. :)

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The best advice that I ever got in my life was in preparation for my BB test and I apply it to everything else now...take one thing at a time. One block, one punch, one break fall, until its over. then you'll be fine.

You'll do fine anyway, though!

Latest Discussions