BJJ KIMONOS!

Xeshawn

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey Guys , I am Xeshawn and i am a Professional Manufacturer of BJJ Kimonos. Martial Arts is my Passion and i know how important a Kimono is to a Player .so i do make sure that the quality and standards do meet the requirements of the players to give max performance. Please Do hit me here for any business inquiry.

If you need 1 for yourself and i also do provide bulk quantity for resell , any size is available with Free Belt Giveaway.

Hope to see ya folks soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey Guys , I am Xeshawn and i am a Professional Manufacturer of BJJ Kimonos. Martial Arts is my Passion and i know how important a Kimono is to a Player .so i do make sure that the quality and standards do meet the requirements of the players to give max performance. Please Do hit me here for any business inquiry.

If you need 1 for yourself and i also do provide bulk quantity for resell , any size is available with Free Belt Giveaway.

Hope to see ya folks soon :)
Um. Kimono? Lol

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's what they're called. In BJJ, a gi or kimono is the same thing. Don't get confused, though. It's not Japanese. It's Portuguese. Well, technically, it's English, but you get the point.
Well. In Japanese Gi means clothes and kimono means ceremonial clothing. Roughly. I've never heard a gi refered to as a kimono and I've been in and out of BJJ since the 1990s

But.

Carry on with this advert thread lol

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well. In Japanese Gi means clothes and kimono means ceremonial clothing. Roughly. I've never heard a gi refered to as a kimono and I've been in and out of BJJ since the 1990s

But.

Google can be your friend. :)

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

But.

I’d say that the majority of the BJJ community calls the uniform a gi, but there’s a significant minority who call it a kimono. I think it goes back to the Gracies. Probably Carlos or Helio misunderstood the Japanese terminology way back when and it just stuck.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

But.

I could be wrong, I’m not that good with languages, I think gi means ceremony and kimono means thing to wear. Not what we call it in the west, but then there are at least 4 or 5 different characters for different types of courage in Chinese. Just as an example. Again, I could be wrong here, don’t quote me without fact checking me first.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I could be wrong, I’m not that good with languages, I think gi means ceremony and kimono means thing to wear. Not what we call it in the west, but then there are at least 4 or 5 different characters for different types of courage in Chinese. Just as an example. Again, I could be wrong here, don’t quote me without fact checking me first.
Here's what kimono means in a nutshell. This is the French version.

BJJ peeps are pretty stylish, so I agree.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's what they're called. In BJJ, a gi or kimono is the same thing. Don't get confused, though. It's not Japanese. It's Portuguese. Well, technically, it's English, but you get the point.
1648012150248.png

Latest Discussions