big fight night :)

Hong Kong Pooey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm sure it will be a pseudonym but I still think that whoever is posting all this seems to be living in a fantasy world.
There have only been 2 girls fighting out of our gym over the last few years and they are both about 19yrs old, both girls have only ever competed on reputable shows and inter clubs. One of the girls hasnt trained in ages due to college commitments.

I have read lots of her old posts and none of it makes sense.

Strange !!

Is it possible she's trained at your place in the last few months without actually representing it in competition? Or that she's referring to another organisation with the same initials?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The poor kid. Oh, well.

CMAC

White Belt
Reaction score
Is it possible she's trained at your place in the last few months without actually representing it in competition? Or that she's referring to another organisation with the same initials?
There is only one CMAC in the Warrington area so that rules out the possibility of confusion there. The only person we can think of that has started recently is a guy who came into the centre a few times who seemed a bit odd. He told people he had trained before when it was apparent to all that he had no idea what he was doing. But as I said that was a guy.
Other than a couple of younger girls who train on a regular basis in the junior class there aren't really any girls here that I don't know.

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
So, the two possibilities here are that this is either someone living out a fantasy or a dirty underground organization is involved. Hopefully it's the former.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Could be the former like suggested, could just be a fantasy, and in this circumstances nces if arkham's razor is correct the simplest answer is someone's fantasy (considering this is online) you can't believe everything thing you read. Considering someone could write something seemingly persuasive even if lying.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be the former like suggested, could just be a fantasy, and in this circumstances nces if arkham's razor is correct the simplest answer is someone's fantasy (considering this is online) you can't believe everything thing you read. Considering someone could write something seemingly persuasive even if lying.

It is pretty messed up. Why anybody would make such a claim is strange, especially if you cannot back it up.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is pretty messed up. Why anybody would make such a claim is strange, especially if you cannot back it up.

Not sure about the why, but fake "I am going to a tournament" followed by "Guess what I won!" threads are not that uncommon on MA forums.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, the two possibilities here are that this is either someone living out a fantasy or a dirty underground organization is involved. Hopefully it's the former.

Well the follow up is is there a market for dirty underground street fights. Here there isn't. You would get a legit mma pretty easily.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the follow up is is there a market for dirty underground street fights. Here there isn't. You would get a legit mma pretty easily.

I don't think there is tbh but I doubt I'd know if there was! MMA here is unregulated and there's a lot of small shows with cheap enough tickets. Lots of local fighters are on them so maybe there's not much call for the 'underground' fighting. I can't see any Muay Thai fights being 'underground' ones either but again we don't do the 'proper' MT, only for MMA, our fighters went to Fairtex in Thailand for that anyway so I don't know much about 'proper' MT here. I've been to a couple of MT fight nights in Darlington which are always good, it's in a ring and seems properly and well done. I enjoy watching the fights. The music takes a bit of getting used to though. There's often K1 kick boxing in a cage in the UK but never MT rules.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is tbh but I doubt I'd know if there was! MMA here is unregulated and there's a lot of small shows with cheap enough tickets. Lots of local fighters are on them so maybe there's not much call for the 'underground' fighting. I can't see any Muay Thai fights being 'underground' ones either but again we don't do the 'proper' MT, only for MMA, our fighters went to Fairtex in Thailand for that anyway so I don't know much about 'proper' MT here. I've been to a couple of MT fight nights in Darlington which are always good, it's in a ring and seems properly and well done. I enjoy watching the fights. The music takes a bit of getting used to though. There's often K1 kick boxing in a cage in the UK but never MT rules.

That I find very intriguing. No elbows?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That I find very intriguing. No elbows?

When I've seen kick boxing in the cage it tends to be rules that the coaches and fighters agree to, sometimes elbows but often not. Again because it's being run by the MMA promoters there's no organisation involved so you can do what you want really. They call it K1 rules, sometimes it called shiny pants style, sometimes just kickboxing. Just as long as there's a match people tend not to be fussy! It's never a bloodbath though.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I've seen kick boxing in the cage it tends to be rules that the coaches and fighters agree to, sometimes elbows but often not. Again because it's being run by the MMA promoters there's no organisation involved so you can do what you want really. They call it K1 rules, sometimes it called shiny pants style, sometimes just kickboxing. Just as long as there's a match people tend not to be fussy! It's never a bloodbath though.

Mmm. Pretty shocking that the Brit crowd does admire technique. Shiny pants style, really. That is plain wrong LOL

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmm. Pretty shocking that the Brit crowd does admire technique. Shiny pants style, really. That is plain wrong LOL

yep shiny pants where they wear the long shiny satin trousers..

EddieCyrax

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I thought Donna personally knew a few people on this board....can anyone vouch for her?

She has been very silent as well....not her normal M.O.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Donna personally knew a few people on this board....can anyone vouch for her?

Sorry I don't know her and therefore can't vouch.

I will vouch for CMAC though, the gym has a very good rep as do the instructors.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Maybe I missed it, but I read most of the posts on this forum and I don't remember anyone saying they knew her.

I do remember multiple occasions where she made claims which seemed rather odd, but then changed her tune somewhat after being corrected or questioned on them.

I also remember her talking about finding a local Muay Boran instructor that she wanted to check out - then ordering a book or video on the subject - then she started talking authoritatively about the art even though she never mentioned actually signing up and taking classes .

In this thread she started getting rather defensive when folks asked questions about the parts of her story that didn't make sense.

Then after CMAC showed up to say that she doesn't actually train at CMA, she stopped posting.

I'm not thinking this looks good for her credibility.

Hong Kong Pooey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yep, it's all most strange.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if she turns up again with a credible explanation, and if not draw the obvious conclusion...

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, it's all most strange.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if she turns up again with a credible explanation, and if not draw the obvious conclusion...

Yeah, I hope she gets back on to confirm she is ok. And secondly to either set us all straight, or come clean and move on to real training.

Latest Discussions