Best stores to buy books and DVDs

M

milkydoo

Hi all. I just found the forum and hopefully I'll be a regular viewer/poster. I hope that this will help motivate me to begin training again.

First, an introduction. I had a total of one year of Tae Kwon Do (ATA), in two different chunks, back in the 90-92 range. Then I had about 4 months of Hwa Rang Do in 98. I've always loved martial arts but I'm one of those people that has never been able to stick with anything.

So, I'm about to try it again, but for various reasons I most likely won't be attending classes. I'll be training on my own and trying to make the best of it. I may be disadvantaged that way, but I believe it's far better than nothing.

So, I'd like some recommendations for some of the cheapest places to buy books and DVDs, as these materials are not cheap to begin with. $40 for a 50 minute video almost seems like highway robbery, but I assume that it's worth it.

As far as styles go, I know everyone has their favorite, but ultimately I want to follow Bruce Lee's idea of simply using what works and discarding the rest. If this means Jeet Kune Do, then that is fine. I'm also interested in Hwa Rang Do and Hapkido, the former because I trained in it before and the latter because it seems to be very popular. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.