Beside the martial arts? Do you have other hobbies that you enjoy?

thesensei

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have many...

I'm into herpetology - snakes. I have 2 right no, and have had more at other times.

I'm also into ham radio - K6BQ. Some people listen to music and talk radio while they're driving to work - I talk to Japan!

I'm also into music, I love playing whatever instruments i can get my hands on.

There are others, but those are them main things that I do currently....

fightingfat

Green Belt
Reaction score
I scuba dive quite a bit.

I also have four children, I suppose they're a kind of a hobby, whether I like it or not!

Jmh7331

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My favorite hobby is playing with my two girls (3 if you include my wife:) ). I love hunting and fishing and being outside in general. I also enjoy shooting, woodworking and riding my motorcycle.

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have my own recording studio and I really enjoy that, I also host a weekly radio show featuring contemporary a cappella music. I use to play tournament paintball but gave that up after the birth of my 2nd child.
I am a licensed amateur radio operator, and with this hobby I am also a certified storm spotter for the National Weather Service.
I use to collect sports cards when I was a teenager, I still have over 45,000 but haven't collected in a while. I guess I also collect and mess around with older computer, I have Commodore 64's, Atari 800XL, Commodore Vic20, Amiga 1000 and an Amiga 2000.

That about covers it I think.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
ed-swckf said:
Photography and videography.

You're also into videography, eh? Digital editing? If so, what kind of editing software do you use? I use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5. A couple people were trying to persuade me to switch to Mac, but I don't feel like going through the hassle of switching operating systems, though I still hate Windows XP sometimes.

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I enjoy writing poetry, running, playing video and role-playing games (yeah, like D&D, that kind of stuff). I read comics now and then, though nothing like I used to back in high school.

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
Other than my MA training, I enjoy reading, camping/backpacking, skiing (downhill & X-country), running, astronomy, cooking (especially Japanese or Thai food), and piano.

Favorite reading topics are: US history, Asian history, anything in the metaphysical realm, quantum physics, and most any wilderness/outdoors topic.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If it's outdoorsy type stuff chances are I'm into it; Ice climbing, rock climbing, camping, canyoneering, ATV-ing (with those that have such toys), hiking, back-packing, and of course Caving.

Indoor type stuff includes a myriad of different stuff, it'll depend upon my mood and stress levels.

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
Gardening, knitting, saving the galaxy from destruction, time-travel lottery handicapping, and pinochle
Well, I'm glad you seemingly rank saving the galaxy from destruction somewhat ahead of pinochle! :)

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad you seemingly rank saving the galaxy from destruction somewhat ahead of pinochle!

Well they all have something in common in that they are not true. A few, like gardening, are impossible...if you seen my yard

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
You're also into videography, eh? Digital editing? If so, what kind of editing software do you use? I use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5. A couple people were trying to persuade me to switch to Mac, but I don't feel like going through the hassle of switching operating systems, though I still hate Windows XP sometimes.

I use premiere 6.0, i wouldn't mind getting pro 1.5 if i can find it somewhere. I don't see any benifit in uing a mac myself, although you could put XP on a mac if that would help? I personally prefer to have a well customised PC specific for video editing needs.

Wes Tasker

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Other than martial arts training, I love reading (mostly philosophy, religious studies, history, literature, transpersonal, consciousness studies...). I've been writing poetry for about 20 years now. I love languages and am constantly working on trying to improve my Arabic and Spanish along with a beginning interest in Afrikaans and Classical Persian. I also research to improve as a Massage Therapist and Tui Na practitioner.....

-wes tasker

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wes Tasker said:
Other than martial arts training, I love reading (mostly philosophy, religious studies, history, literature, transpersonal, consciousness studies...). I've been writing poetry for about 20 years now. I love languages and am constantly working on trying to improve my Arabic and Spanish along with a beginning interest in Afrikaans and Classical Persian. I also research to improve as a Massage Therapist and Tui Na practitioner.....

-wes tasker

Sounds interesting. Want to share some of your poetry? I'd be interested.

Latest Discussions