BBC Documentaries

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know how many of the readers and posters here are already aware of this but the BBC is justifiably famous for it's output of fact-based programmes, particularly it's Horizon series. Nowadays it also produces quite a bit of broadcast material in association with the Open University and that too is of good quality. There has been some dumbing down over the past couple of decades to allow for the generally less well educated audience (which is shameful in so many ways) but they are still well worth a watch.

Why I mention this is that I have stumbled across a resource on YouTube, of all places, where anyone can view some of this output and in decent resolution too. I shall link to the one I just watched to give people a pointer to the area of YT where these documentaries can be found:

[yt]Fi7WOQde7fI[/yt]

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
to allow for the generally less well educated audience (which is shameful in so many ways)

How do you breath up there Sukerkin. Perhaps one day you will grace the peasants with a view of your carriage as you drive through their village. Perhaps you might even deign to wave and let them know you care about them...

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I enjoy the BBC documentaries. They seem to contain less political BS than many documentaries produced here in the states.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How do you breath up there Sukerkin. Perhaps one day you will grace the peasants with a view of your carriage as you drive through their village. Perhaps you might even deign to wave and let them know you care about them...
Yes Bill you have not noticed your tv shows there in America are dumbed down also from what went before?? I am sure you have noticed this yes?? Only I do not know if that dumbing down is to reflect us as a stupid audience I would agree with THIS it is Stephen Fry, you know him? he is very clever.. I think tv stations like he says just have no faith in us.. we are not as dumb as they imagine.. that is the problem I think :)

or.. *checks body for implants or trace devices* maybe dumbing down is the BBCs role in the illuminati/Skull-and-Bones plan for the imminent nwo to condition us all for assimilation into the matrix..

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Don't get me going on the state of the British education system, Bill. I would've thought you'd be on board with the idea that maybe education should be about learning something rather than making everything simpler so that fewer fail? I breathe just fine by the way ... just not today as I've been sent home from work with a chest infection and am now looking at the horse-pill sized antibiotics I've got to take :lol:.

mmartist

Green Belt
Reaction score
The BBC documentaries are the best, at least in my opinion. Probably one of the reasons is that they have been influenced heavily by David Attenborough and his style and the man can mace an interesting documentary about anything.

Latest Discussions