Back from the 2007 Meet & Greet...

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Exile - very well put as usual. It was great talking to you, too bad we didn't have more time during the weekend!

I had an excellent time meeting everyone and the instruction was beyond compare.

Thank you to everyone who made this such a great time!

Terry, it was great to have your kids train with us. Zach is an incredibly talented kid. I had a great time training with him. And thank you for your help with the Round house kick. I had never had it broken down like that. I can already see a big difference in my technique.

All of the instructors, thank you for your time and effort, It was very interesting to see so much of so many different styles and see how connected we all really are.

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Exile - It was great talking to you, too bad we didn't have more time during the weekend!

Likewise, Craige! It was just too dang short—which is why I'm really glad we're looking at a whole extra day for the 2008 M&G. Meanwhile, lemme know next time you figure you're going to be be out our way, eh?

I had an excellent time meeting everyone and the instruction was beyond compare.

Thank you to everyone who made this such a great time!

No disagreement there!

Terry, it was great to have your kids train with us. Zach is an incredibly talented kid. I had a great time training with him. And thank you for your help with the Round house kick. I had never had it broken down like that. I can already see a big difference in my technique.

About half an hour into the Saturday training, I felt as though I'd already gotten my money's worth just from Terry and Yolanda's session alone. I try to get my students to do all their turning and side kicks in that three-parts-out/three-parts-back format, but the clarity of Terry's explanation made the rationale for doing it that way extremely convincing, and the two-partner exercise was a terrific idea. I'm going to steal both ideas and use them in my own classes.

All of the instructors, thank you for your time and effort, It was very interesting to see so much of so many different styles and see how connected we all really are.

Yes, that was my sense also.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Darn this West Coast great weather. All the action happened in Buffalo, NY & I missed it. Sounds like a great time was had by all. Thanks for sharing!

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll vote for semi-annual! I think that my fiance already has something scheduled for that weekend next year. So that means that I have a full year to fight for my freedom on that weekend!!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words and exile and Mbuzzy take what you can use it was somebody elses before me and will be somebody elses after I'm gone.

Zachary really enjoyed it and was suprize he was accepted with open arms by everyone.

I do once again would like to say thank you to everyone that was there in both physical and theose there in spirit as well.

Bob three days means I can have an hour and a half for a complete workout for everybody?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm hoping to give a bit more time to the instructors to really get into things more. :)

Still working on the pictures....paired em down to 300 so far, lol!

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Darn this West Coast great weather. All the action happened in Buffalo, NY & I missed it. Sounds like a great time was had by all. Thanks for sharing!
I have to agree. Don't you hate this great Southern Calif weather?
icon12.gif

I'm also sorry I missed it.
For those of you that did go... Did everyone look the way you pictured them in your mind before meeting them
icon5.gif
icon10.gif

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like it was a blast! :partyon: Wish I coulda made it. Hopefully next year. Maybe it should be semi-annual :)

You got my vote...

I'll vote for semi-annual! I think that my fiance already has something scheduled for that weekend next year. So that means that I have a full year to fight for my freedom on that weekend!!!

A year in advance, MB???? That's sincere planning... my wife is always armed with her planning daybook, but she isn't a full year ahead of me... I don't think... :uhohh:

Thank you all for the kind words and exile and Mbuzzy take what you can use it was somebody elses before me and will be somebody elses after I'm gone.

Thanks for the offer, Terry, and I will gladly take you up on it. Those are terrific warmup exercise... amazing what that medicine-ball carry adds to a a simple kicking line drill! And the stretching exercises... I could hardly move my legs the next day... which was too bad, because we spent the first part of the day hiking all over Fort Niagara—terrific place, but it hurt!!

Zachary really enjoyed it and was suprize he was accepted with open arms by everyone.

I do once again would like to say thank you to everyone that was there in both physical and theose there in spirit as well.

Hear, hear! Zach is a sweet kid...

Bob three days means I can have an hour and a half for a complete workout for everybody?

No... no, Terry, mercy!! Fifteen minutes just about did me in... after 90 minutes of that I'd be in traction....

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score

I really enjoyed working out with you and your family, Terry! I wouldn't even have thought to treat him any differently. A lot of talent...

I'm willing to go for an hour and a half!

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No... no, Terry, mercy!! Fifteen minutes just about did me in... after 90 minutes of that I'd be in traction....

90 minutes and my weekend would be over, I'd have to spend the rest of it recovering.

I'm willing to go for an hour and a half!

Damn kids :D

Zach is talented and disciplined, I don't think anybody really thought of him as a kid, but as a young, mature, very impressive, martial artist. I didn't get a chance to work out with him, but I would welcome that opportunity any time. All of your kids are a credit to Yolanda and yourself and you have every right to be very proud of them.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Zach is talented and disciplined, I don't think anybody really thought of him as a kid, but as a young, mature, very impressive, martial artist. I didn't get a chance to work out with him, but I would welcome that opportunity any time. All of your kids are a credit to Yolanda and yourself and you have every right to be very proud of them.

Amen..Would that I had that discipline at that age...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Next year I'm sitting on the side lines...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PH no your not Drac we need you, you are the man with all the falls.
icon14.gif

And I'm paying for it today..Nope, you'll have Father Greek teaching the full version of Combat Hapkido...Nuff said...The way msinkie is training she'll get her BB by next year and she can assist him teaching..

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And I'm paying for it today..Nope, you'll have Father Greek teaching the full version of Combat Hapkido...Nuff said...The way msinkie is training she'll get her BB by next year and she can assist him teaching..

I completely understand, this way more drinking envolved gotcha.

Latest Discussions