Average price for instruction

OP
G

GouRonin

Kewl isn't it? Have you been to a Vlad or Mikhail seminar yet?

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by GouRonin

Kewl isn't it? Have you been to a Vlad or Mikhail seminar yet?

Let me know the next time there will be one of theose semionars in our area, I would like to attend.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

With the right Instructor:) the amount of money is insignificant.
:asian:

Amen! But then, I don't charge for lessons, at all. Do them at my house, pick my students, and really enjoy what I'm doing.
:rofl:

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

can do that! IBM has been good to you. Us other poor kenpoits need survival change.

:sadsong:
:boing1:

Dennis ... Be nice. I'd be doing it that way anyway. And IBM didn't give me anything that I didn't earn. :lol:

I gave up the commercial route a long time back. Just not for me. I like teaching the way I want to, and what I want to per student. That is, often, difficult to do when you have a commercial school. I don't have any prob with that or charging. Just letting the other side of the coin be heard from.

Simple choice. I could live in a city large enough to support a school and charge for it, or I can live out on Farmer Mountain, in the country, where the student base is very slim, and where I love to live, and pick and choose my students.

It may be my philosophical shortcoming, but for me, and me only, I have always had a hard time seeing the arts as a way of making a living, as compared to simply a way of living. Then I have had the old Shaolin background training. You must remember I used to watch the show on TV all the time, and still go to available re-runs. :asian: :rofl: :rofl: :asian:

Dan

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You or anyone else doing it that way (your way ~ no fee - low fee), It's just that everyone is not that fortunate to be able to do what you are able to do. Some (not you) feel that the world owes them the knowledge and that they shouldn't have to pay for it.

My knowledge is all I have to sell (and I earned it all too by the way, in one way or another) so for some people to "expect" someone - anyone, to give away what they have or else be classified as a stingy non caring or sharing person is in my humble opinion unfair.

I'm all for breaking down the misinformation lines and developing a stronger "Kenpo Brotherhood" between all Kenpo students, so count me in.

OP
R

Rob_Broad

I would love to see a Kenpo Senior Council, especially if the egos were locked in a box. I know my opinion doesn't count for much in the grand scheme of things, but the idea of a group taking the reigns to guide us would be very appealing to me. To many of the practioners out there I am a pup with only 20 yrs of training, to others I am almost a fossil, that is why I think it would be great to see a group of these Kenpo seniors stand up and do what is best for the art not their pocketbooks and egos.

I can now see the idea of ever promoting again vanishing with this comment but that is not really why I train anyways. I think if some people would remember why they first started taking lessons and allowed themselves to feel the joy and love they had for the art when they first started we all would be a lot better off.

OP
R

Rob_Broad

I can't wait. I would love for us all to get our act together and strive forward.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Rob Broad
to others I am almost a fossil

No comment!! :rofl: :rofl:

Question:

What's IBM? In the case used on this thread.

OP
K

Kirk

ROFL! Okay! I thought it was something Kenpo related!
:drink2tha

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It keeps Uncle Dan in change so as to persue his hobbies...... Kenpo, Corvettes, "Curvettes" (beautiful women - although on paper only)-(JoAnn would shave his testicles if they were real.... well ......a...... a..... a..... actually on second thought...... probably she would call Lorena Bobbit and get some consultation as to what to do there) LOL... look for cool and new improved website from the Farm-man soon. He is having a professional design one for him. Whooo Hoooo

:cool:

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Klondike93

$99 a month for 2 classes a week or $109 + a enrollment fee (I don't know what it is though) for the black belt club program.
The black belt club has unlimited classes and discounts on seminars and things like that.
After checking around that's about average for here in Colorado.

Klondike93,

Who do you sudy with?

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My kenpo instructor is Brad Scornavacco. He's a 3rd degree under Lee Wedlake and he also teaches Systema The Russian Martial Art as taught by Vladimir Vasiliev. The school is about 30 miles away from me, but there are no American Kenpo schools in denver at all. I hope to change that some day.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That is sad! Denver is sooooooo in need a several good Kenpo studios!!

lol

I'm gonna work on this one........ I'll be that much closer to Farmer and still above Castillo! :rofl:

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Klondike93

My kenpo instructor is Brad Scornavacco. He's a 3rd degree under Lee Wedlake and he also teaches Systema The Russian Martial Art as taught by Vladimir Vasiliev. The school is about 30 miles away from me, but there are no American Kenpo schools in denver at all. I hope to change that some day.

I met Brad back in "94" when I began to train with Mr. Wedlake. He is a great guy (Brad). He is very knowledgeable and compitent. Savor your training. Best of luck.:asian:

Latest Discussions