The average number of lessons per week?

E

edhead2000

My instructor doesn't charge for private lessons. If I need extra practice, I just let my instructor knows and he arranges a private lesson for me with him or one of his black belts.

Also, tuition doesn't increase (so far as I know) as the students advance.

We don't have testing fees either.

B

buddah_belly

For a set monthly price you can go to as many classes you want.

I think about one 2 hour class is enough to let the student learn new techniques and give them time to learn them and think them through throughly

L

littleLetch

Sil Lum TigerLady said:
Hi,

I was just wondering how many classes per week is average? I have a group lesson twice a week at 1 - 1 1/2 hours each. I do practice at home as well. Is this the norm? As your skill increases do you see a need for more frequent instruction?

Thanks!

As a young student i have not yet reached the adult class but we in aikido have 2 classes a week that usually last about1hr.we are encouraged to practice at home so that we understand a little more how to do a difficult technique.in conclusion its perfectly normal!!
smileJap.gif
icon14.gif

E

elcajon555

I belong to a rather large school, in fact it is one of several branches. The school is opened Monday throught Saturday. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday there is an afternoon adult class and and evening adult class. On Tuesday and Thursday there is an evening adult class. On Saturday there is an afternoon adult class. As for kids classes there is two kids classes every night of the week and one kids class on Saturday. So we do have a wide variety of opitions. The minuim number of classes per week is 2, if you want to test. The maxium is open ended. One of the classes you attend has to be belt specific, ie if you are a beginner student you have to go the a beginner class, if you are an advanced student you have to go to the advanced class, if you are a black belt then you have to go to the black belt class. We also have a flat fee of 75 dollars per student and that is for as many classes as you want. Throughtout the years, the number of times I go a week has changed. At times I would go 6 or more times a week. Currently I make about 4 classes a week, I try to go to at least three classes a week. When I have to test I tend to go more, but since I am in the black belt ranks I don;t test that often, in fact in June will be the first test in about three years, so now I am going to about 5. I try to do stuff at home, but I tend to be lazy, and doing alot of the spinning techniques and forms requires more room then I have. I try to do extra cardio training outside of class about two times a week and I am going to start lifting 2 times a week.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
3 times a week. :) 2 classes are officially an hour (although we get there early and practice beforehand) and Saturday's class is often around 1 hour and 45 minutes. After the Saturday's class, us students and sensei go out for coffee! :D

Robyn :asian:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
littleLetch said:
As a young student i have not yet reached the adult class but we in aikido have 2 classes a week that usually last about1hr.we are encouraged to practice at home so that we understand a little more how to do a difficult technique.in conclusion its perfectly normal!!
smileJap.gif
icon14.gif
And she does indeed get lots of practice at home. :EG:

oldnewbie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm stuck with one night a week, a little over an hour. I do try to put in time during the week, but would love to have more classes. I do better in a structured environment, than on my own...