Average price for instruction

OP
S

Stick Dummy

Hey Now!

Don't mess with Texas!:D

Too many other states like MD, NJ, NY, CA would be better of gone, ooops they already are ........ heh-heh

You know theres a similarity between one student I've RECENTLY seen safley bundled up head to toe with gear and an armadillo.

ugh oh gotta run F-A-S-T!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stick Dummy

Hey Now!

Don't mess with Texas!:D

Too many other states like MD, NJ, NY, CA would be better of gone, ooops they already are ........ heh-heh

You know theres a similarity between one student I've RECENTLY seen safley bundled up head to toe with gear and an armadillo.

ugh oh gotta run F-A-S-T!

Armadillo.. I want one~!!
Hey I may bundle up head to toe.. I even have a crash test Helmet.. I reserve that for sparring strangers and the students at the college with no control... Better safe than stupid I say~!

OP
S

Stick Dummy

B-U-S-T-E-D!!!!!!!!!

Stick Dummy runs for the door VERY QUICKLY!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stick Dummy

B-U-S-T-E-D!!!!!!!!!

Stick Dummy runs for the door VERY QUICKLY!

*Chortles.. *biting tongue.. I KNEW IT~!!! *C'mere you .. I'm gonna get you and your pretty sticks~!!!!!

*scampering pretty damn spryly for an ole geezerette~!!!!!!

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

what????? mexico doesnt want texas back???? then why are they invading????

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how many of you sell equipment out of the dojo, and how many send students to supply stores?

my instructor has a pile of equipment, mostly donated stuff kids have grown out of, that he lets people use when they start sparring. That way, they can find out if sparring is something they want to be doing before spending lots of cash on equipment.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by nightingale8472

Out of curiosity, how many of you sell equipment out of the dojo, and how many send students to supply stores?

my instructor has a pile of equipment, mostly donated stuff kids have grown out of, that he lets people use when they start sparring. That way, they can find out if sparring is something they want to be doing before spending lots of cash on equipment.
I sell equipment, I do not have a large inventory. When someone wants something, they place an order, pre-pay and I USUALLY have it in 48 hours for them.

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

the pretty sticks for me.....

:rofl:

:asian:
You already have a pair of pretty sticks. Nice and solid and very dark, so they won't see them coming.

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
These are the only thing you and the potential student have in common.

They don't care about your health and it doesn't rain in your studio.

I have found people ask for price simply because they don't know what to ask. Most don't even know what kenpo is...they just know it is some for of karate.

Price is what you "think" you are worth. If you feel you rate $85 per month, well sure go ahead and charge it, but you better darn well provide the most superior service, above all else or you'll find yourself in the unemployment line.:asian:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kenpo3631

Do Bosnian women have mustaches?

For the most part, yes!

But these women can be useful to know as they can kick start jumbo jets, and powerlift tractors.:D

--Dave

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For the past 20 years seems to have become stable for the industry...... monthly fees ranging from $ 50.00 to $100.00 is common....... with $ about $85.00 being average. That's a long time to remain constant in a specific range.

Privates seem to be from $15.00 to $100.00 per hour with $30.00 to $50.00 being common place.

Have we bottomed out in our industry....?

OP
G

GouRonin

As I am fond of saying. People should be careful not "To Kill The Golden Goose."

I think it is a good thing because it forces people to adjust their prices.

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by D.Cobb

For the most part, yes!

But these women can be useful to know as they can kick start jumbo jets, and powerlift tractors.:D

--Dave

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ....Excellent!

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

For the past 20 years seems to have become stable for the industry...... monthly fees ranging from $ 50.00 to $100.00 is common....... with $ about $85.00 being average. That's a long time to remain constant in a specific range.

Privates seem to be from $15.00 to $100.00 per hour with $30.00 to $50.00 being common place.

my instructor charges $50 for a private lesson with a black belt, and $35 for a private lesson with a brown belt.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by nightingale8472

my instructor charges $50 for a private lesson with a black belt, and $35 for a private lesson with a brown belt.
Maybe I'm not doing things correctly, but I tend to charge more to people that have not been with me as long instead of the people that have been with me for years....Just my opinion.

Latest Discussions