At what grade do the new Kukkiwon certificates change?

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
I understood it was always 5th Dan. My instructor's 5th Dan certificate is different to my old certificate (slightly different colour, a few other minor differences). I always assumed that the Kukkiwon therefore viewed 5th Dan and above as slightly different.

I saw on the mookas article that the 6th Dan certificate has 3x3 glyphs compared to 6x6 on the 1st Dan example. However, my new certificate (5th Dan) has 6x6 the same as one of our students new 3rd Dan certificate.

So, do they change at 6th Dan now? Anyone know the reasoning behind this change? Or was it just the article showed how they could look (because my new certificate doesn't look like those examples - no rainbow stripe, no mention of the word "Taekwondo") but it doesn't reflect that in reality and all Kukkiwon certificates have 6x6 glyphs at the moment.

Does anyone have a recent 6th Dan (new design) certificate that they could PM me a picture of?

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recent 6th Dan (new design) certificate that they could PM me a picture of?

I did a Kukkiwon 6th Dan promotion last year but it was with the old design. I might do a 6th Dan recommendation this year, if they ever write that ten page thesis.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw a 6th dan kkw (new) last month. It was landscape style. Looked like the one on mookas.

Latest Discussions