Argument Clinic

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK I have had enough, at least for now.

Stick a fork in me I’m done, or at least taking another extended hiatus.

Bye for now
Xue Sheng

:asian:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm confused by your post and the topic of this thread.

I can only assume you're taking leave because of arguments here. Since you are absent, Xue, I'll address everyone else.

MT is a place of friendly discourse. When arguments occur, then we aim for respectful tactics. We have rules laid out for such and a couple of awesome features everyone should become familiar with.

One of the basic rules of this forum is to Stay On Topic. If the topic strays or is blatantly hijacked, it often helps to maintain the intended topic despite the posters who would turn the thread to their own ideas rather than respect the rules of the forum. And if that doesn't work ...

The Report To Moderator (RTM) feature is available to every user on the board. It is the little red triangle with an ! inside it on every post you read except for your own. Click on that and a text box will come up for you to type what rule you think has been broken, then submit. All staff members will be notified.

And then there's the "ignore" feature. This allows you to view threads without having to read posts generated by a particular user which raises your cockles. To engage this feature, you will need to pull up the profile of the user you wish to ignore and choose "ignore member."

You might want to know, however, that this does not notify the staff the way an RTM does, so if you think a user is a particular problem rule-breaker for the entire board, then please use the RTM feature.

I also want to say that leaving a board because you tire of particular arguments doesn't make much sense if you enjoy the rest of the board. If you want to help MT remain the kind of quality forum we are, please re-familiarize yourselves with our rules and features, ask any questions you may have, and help this community.

Thanks for reading!

G Ketchmark / shesulsa
MT Assist. Adminstrator

Elayna

Green Belt
Reaction score
We Love you Xue....

Have a good Hiadus, if you decide to just leave us....
WAAAHHAHAAAA.
LOL. LOL.

P.S. I share your sentiment
:) :) :) :)

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What have you had enough of? I thought we were getting along great.

XS---I have to agree with Shrewsbury---and even if we weren't, isn't one of the signs of Indomitable Spirit the courage to plow on through frustrating disputes and endless wrangling on message boards without throwing in the towel? ;-) It is my dojang...

I like your posts and hope you don't avoid MT for too long...

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, we know pretty well, not everyone will agree on anything. So there will be disagreements. And if there are never any disagreements, that means that not everyone is being honest. And if people aren't being honest the purpose of discussion is lost.

So, arguing is good, as long as it is done in a respectful manner IMO. :)

Of course, like anything else sometimes the best thing to do is step away for a bit, let things settle and come back when you want it again. So have a good break, see you in a bit :D

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, arguing is good, as long as it is done in a respectful manner IMO. :)

I completely agree.

Speaking just for myself, I think you always have something worthwhile to contribute, Xue.

I'd be a shame for this forum to lose you.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK I have had enough, at least for now.

Stick a fork in me I’m done, or at least taking another extended hiatus.

Bye for now
Xue Sheng

:asian:

Dude come on already...Stay here with us...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rant, Xue Sheng, Rant!!!

Rant!!

Rant!!

Rant!!

Rant!!

Rant!!

Rant!!

Rant!!

C'mon now, I know you were just pasting the name of your fave Monty Python sketch....would you like to have just one argument or were you thinking of taking a course? :D :D

Rant!!

Rant!!

Rant!!

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, we need more good Chinese martial arts people here...a good arguement now and then keeps the blood circulating!

w.kaer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sad day. I have always enjoyed Xue Shengs postings. I have always found them to be a rational voice in some rather irrational arguements. A man with an uncanny clarity.

--Walt

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Maybe it is not my place to say this and I actually don't know if I should since Xue didn't say anything...(I hope he will forgive me if he didn't want this to be known).

Xue told me, answering to a question about Tai Chi I had for him, that his leaving the board has nothing to do with arguments or someone saying something to him. He said that he needs time off the PC to dedicate himslef to training in the 2 new Arts he started (Sanda and Chen style Tai Chi).
I personally understand him, this board can be very addictive (I personally check it more times a day) and training in 2 Arts requires time. Moreover by what Xue always said in his posts I guess we all understood how serious and dedicated he is in his trainings.

Maybe one day he will come back...I really hope :)

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe it is not my place to say this and I actually don't know if I should since Xue didn't say anything...(I hope he will forgive me if he didn't want this to be known).

Xue told me, answering to a question about Tai Chi I had for him, that his leaving the board has nothing to do with arguments or someone saying something to him. He said that he needs time off the PC to dedicate himslef to training in the 2 new Arts he started (Sanda and Chen style Tai Chi).
I personally understand him, this board can be very addictive (I personally check it more times a day) and training in 2 Arts requires time. Moreover by what Xue always said in his posts I guess we all understood how serious and dedicated he is in his trainings.

Maybe one day he will come back...I really hope :)

Well that is certainly less disturbing. Still, I think many people will miss is input on discussions.

Latest Discussions