Are your neighbors Felons?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of mine are, thats why I live where I live, they never nick things or damage things in ther own backyard lol!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I got 10 living within the frame given... it should be 11 because I'm one. Heh... guess they hadn't found out about me yet! Wheeee!

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not cool...

I found someone convicted of "Attempted Promoting a Sexual Performance by a Child" about 300 yards from my home.

My wife and I are expecting twin girls.

We may be moving again. Soon.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow. Very interesting.

However, that site has different information that the site that shows registered sex offenders in the area. I wonder why?

Are certain sexual offenses considered misdemeanors?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not surprising that I found 10 sex offenders in the given search area. This town has an extremely high number of them considering how small we are

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Very interesting.

However, that site has different information that the site that shows registered sex offenders in the area. I wonder why?

Are certain sexual offenses considered misdemeanors?
Yes, some offenses that require registering are misdemeanors, and wouldn't show up on a list of felons.

However, take these websites with a bit of caution. Many convicted felons are not on active or inactive probation, and no longer are required to keep their address current with anyone, so it's only going to have the last reported address. Sex offender registries are even more problematic about people not registering; VSP has (at least as long as their budget permits it) a dedicated squad who follow up on failure to register or update...

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, but I think the research is a little incomplete.

There should be more felons in my neighborhood, and definitely more near my downtown office.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not cool...

I found someone convicted of "Attempted Promoting a Sexual Performance by a Child" about 300 yards from my home.

My wife and I are expecting twin girls.

We may be moving again. Soon.
You shouldn't have to but keep in mind of that person and a watchful eye on your girls... YOU sir don't have to move because they're there.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, some offenses that require registering are misdemeanors, and wouldn't show up on a list of felons.

However, take these websites with a bit of caution. Many convicted felons are not on active or inactive probation, and no longer are required to keep their address current with anyone, so it's only going to have the last reported address. Sex offender registries are even more problematic about people not registering; VSP has (at least as long as their budget permits it) a dedicated squad who follow up on failure to register or update...

What he said.

I checked one of those sites out once and not only were those people not there, I couldnt find ANY record of them EVER residing in my town.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As this is clearly a fake it is really not "Study" worthy. I have moved it to the Locker room.

Lisa Deneka
Assistant Admin.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are your neighbours felons?

Well that was a shock because there's a couple that live right next to us, named Julius and Maureen Felon. Nice folks, the felons.

What tipped me before looking at the spy site was this link on it:

Click here to help stop this horrible site for: Promoting Dog Fighting In Your Neighborhoods

...which is also a hoax...

http://puppyprofits.com/

fight_tracker.jpg

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whats the point of making these sites? Advertising? Sales? Virus downloads?

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Spy page just feels creepy, like someone could get hurt or have their reputation damaged. It's really not funny, and I now feel terrible joking about it before having tried the site. I looked up an address that I know to be a Post Office in MA, up popped names, so I tried a couple on WhitePages.com.

Made up example:
Let's say the person's name is Jimmy James.
Naturally, similar names turn up in a legit address search of the same region.

Add to this the fact that this information attaches to people's worst fears, and this is a recipe for ruined lives.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Latest Discussions