Anyone have Century Rebreakable boards?

philwhite54 10

Green Belt
I just got a few of these and they are hard. I tried the green and broke it and then my wife was like your bleeding. :D I've never used the rebreakables before but they definitely feel harder than real wood. Does any one else have the Century boards? Do these tend to break in? They are the teeth style similar to the UMAB boards. Thanks.
 
Some of the rebreakable boards come padded. I do believe (with no scientific measurement to back it up) that because these are designed to break along an already-existing seam, that these are harder than wooden boards you would break. They have a reputation for breaking in, but I believe that's more the plasticity of the joints than the boards themselves softening up.
 
We had them at my previous school. They were pretty hard, but the joint at the seam definitely loosened up with time. Made a lot less of a mess than the actual wooden boards though!
 
I can see why. I ordered a 1/16" neoprene sheet to try putting on it to soften the surface a bit. I'll see how it goes.
This worked for one strike and then the foam ripped. Did feel more natural but alas it was a waste.
 
Agreed with everyone else on here for new rebreakable board difficulty. Adding on though that the rebreakables tend to require more "push" or travel through the board to break it, adding a different kind of difficulty than what you may be expecting. The plastic fingers on the back of the board allow a ton more movement than natural wood grain.

The boards will absolutely "break in" over time with use, to the point that they become laughably easy to break. Based on our studios' boards, it takes 5 years or so of consistent use if they still make them the same, so you'll get excellent use out of them.
 
Back
Top