any WC in New Orleans?

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score
May have business trip there later this month...googling only revealed one option; so figured I'd inquire here as well... thx fellas

Argus

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The one option, if it is the one I am thinking of, isn't really worth your time. But I'll refrain from naming them publicly on here.

If you're passing through or around Hattiesburg, though, I'd love to meet up. Or I might even be motivated to take a trip down there. I haven't had the opportunity to practice with another WC practitioner since I moved here!

OP
Kwan Sau

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The one option, if it is the one I am thinking of, isn't really worth your time. But I'll refrain from naming them publicly on here.

If you're passing through or around Hattiesburg, though, I'd love to meet up. Or I might even be motivated to take a trip down there. I haven't had the opportunity to practice with another WC practitioner since I moved here!

Thx for the reply Argus!
Yeah, a quick scan of google only displayed this: New Orleans Wing Chun Association Wing Chun. New Orleans Lousiana. but they apparently meet in a park on Sundays and that doesn't fit my schedule...

Hattiesburg eh? Well, I think I actually will be somewhat near there during my travel. I was thinking of over-nighting near Meridian...then finishing the journey the next day. Perhaps we'll get a chance to meet...

OP
Kwan Sau

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Am located about 2 hrs to the west of N.O., New Iberia.
When are you expecting to be there and for how long a period?

Only for couple of days... wish I had more time to link up with fellow WC'ers...

Argus

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah... That's alright, you're not missing much!

Well, send me a message when you're in the area, and maybe we can work something out! I don't mind driving out of my way for Wing Chun. I used to commute 2 1/2 hours to my school as often as I could. But, this area seems to be a barren wasteland of Wing Chun within a 4-5 hour radius I'm afraid.

If you do happen to find something I overlooked though, be sure to let me know!

Argus

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Hey, I should make it out there some time!
I usually make it out that way to visit family in Gibson a few times a year.

OP
Kwan Sau

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yeah... That's alright, you're not missing much!

Well, send me a message when you're in the area, and maybe we can work something out! I don't mind driving out of my way for Wing Chun. I used to commute 2 1/2 hours to my school as often as I could. But, this area seems to be a barren wasteland of Wing Chun within a 4-5 hour radius I'm afraid.

If you do happen to find something I overlooked though, be sure to let me know!

Will do!
Just from a schedule perspective, the meetup possibility would be the afternoon or evening of Jan 25th; or perhaps the morning of the 26th... Does that help? Thx Argus.

Argus

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Will do!
Just from a schedule perspective, the meetup possibility would be the afternoon or evening of Jan 25th; or perhaps the morning of the 26th... Does that help? Thx Argus.

Yeah, I think that either of those times would probably work for me, though I'm not 100% sure what my work schedule will be like.

By the sound of it, you'll be in N.O. in time to catch Shen Yun Performing Arts! You might want to check it out while you're there if you're interested in Chinese Culture/History/Music/Dance.

OP
Kwan Sau

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that either of those times would probably work for me, though I'm not 100% sure what my work schedule will be like.

Ok...will you let me know prior to the 25th if possible? Thx!!!

By the sound of it, you'll be in N.O. in time to catch Shen Yun Performing Arts! You might want to check it out while you're there if you're interested in Chinese Culture/History/Music/Dance.

Looked it up...looks like I'll already be gone by the time this gig hits N.O....but thanks for the heads up!

OP
Kwan Sau

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score

If I somehow find I have more time on my hands...I'll venture out that way. Thx Danny!

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey, I should make it out there some time!
I usually make it out that way to visit family in Gibson a few times a year.
That would great. I'm right at 60 miles from Gibson.

Kwan Sao said:
If I somehow find I have more time on my hands...I'll venture out that way. Thx Danny!

Any time guys. Forever a student and always look forward to experiencing other perspectives.

OP
Kwan Sau

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Any time guys. Forever a student and always look forward to experiencing other perspectives.

Danny, just in case I have the time while in the area of N.O... (25th, 26th, or 27th)...what is your schedule like?

Latest Discussions