I am new :)

M

Martijn

Hi all !

I am new here :) I am practicing WC for like 5 months. I`ve switched from karate to WC because i`ve found the WC more logical.

I do have to learn a lot so I will be posting quite a lot messages in the future :D

OP
J

jongman

Welcome. Hopefully your training in WC goes well. I switched from Karate as well after three years and did find that it helped me in my wing chun studies.
I agree that wing chun is more logical or even more practical than a lot of other styles. There is a lot more science involved backed up by effective principals that really work. This makes learning the system more enjoyable, rather than just the punch - kick side of things, the lessons in wing chun teach you more about strategies, positioning and body structure and movement. This helps you understand combat situations and even non-combat situations a lot more.

Looking forward to more conversation...

http://redjunk.net

OP
M

Martijn

Originally posted by arnisador

What linearge/substyle do you study?
I don`t know, I am going to check it. The website of my school is www.wing-chun.nl Right now it`s doen so I`ll come back to that later.

OP
B

Blackdragon

Welcome! I also switched from Karate to Wing Chun. I just felt the style was more for me.
I started 3 weeks ago and yesterday I did my first "flow". Don't think I did so hot, but that's OK. I just need to keep working at it.

:asian: your brother in training.