Any tea drinkers here?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Green tea is good for eyes

Special antioxidants called flavonoids in the tea leaves help protect the eyes against diseases such as cataracts, age-related macular degeneration and some types of glaucoma. One particular flavonoid known as gallocatechin collects in the retina and actually protects the retina against dangerous UV rays.

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a big Tea Drinker. I drink it without sugar

I drink rooibos tea and it tastes just like tree bark smells. lol
Say that in certain parts of the American south and you could be lynched.

Sue and I got married in England. She asked for ice tea. I tried to stop her... the waiter drew himself up, looked down his nose and said "We don't do that..."
I explained to her after that what she had done could be compared to asking for some jelly to put on your communion wafer...

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm a big Tea Drinker. I drink it without sugar
-
Of course. But you can recognize that what is right for you will not automatically be right for others.

Sorry that I just have to borrow this from someone's post. I find this is a very powerful statement. It can be used to respond to any post.

A: My opinion on this is ...
B: Of course. But you can recognize that what is right for you will not automatically be right for others.

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Say that in certain parts of the American south and you could be lynched.

Sue and I got married in England. She asked for ice tea. I tried to stop her... the waiter drew himself up, looked down his nose and said "We don't do that..."
I explained to her after that what she had done could be compared to asking for some jelly to put on your communion wafer...
ha ha ha. I'll have to keep that in mind. After having Southern sweet tea for so long I just want something that doesn't taste like syrup lol.

For those who don't know what Southern sweet tea is. It's tea with a lot of sugar. You can drink half a glass of tea, then the fill the other half with water and you won't be able to tell that's it's watered down. You can continue to drink half and fill the rest with water for about 4 times before it starts to taste like sugar water.lol

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Of course. But you can recognize that what is right for you will not automatically be right for others.

Sorry that I just have to borrow this from someone's post. I find this is a very powerful statement. It can be used to respond to any post.

A: My opinion on this is ...
B: Of course. But you can recognize that what is right for you will not automatically be right for others.
lol I don't think it works well on this one since it's not an opinion. and for B. I'm not telling other's to drink it without sugar. I'm just sharing that I don't drink it with sugar.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I must like tree bark LOL.
It took me 4 months for me to get used to the taste. But now I don't mind the taste and actually find it refreshing at times. Still taste like bark though. So I guess I learned to like tree bark lol.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
lol I don't think it works well on this one since it's not an opinion. and for B. I'm not telling other's to drink it without sugar. I'm just sharing that I don't drink it with sugar.
Here is the issue. If you

- use the term "I", people may think that you want to be the center of the earth. You wish the sun will circular around you.
- don't use the term "I", and use the term "you", or "we" then people think you try to force your opinion into others.

So what's the best option? 1, or 2?

1. I like to drink tea without sugar (self-center).
2. It's a good idea to drink tea without sugar (shove opinion into other's throat).

It's very "unfriendly" to attack the following sentence into each and every post that you may put up ( I use "you" here" to show I'm not a self-center person).

"This is only my personal opinion. I can't care less whether others may like it or not."

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

- use the term "I", people may think that you want to be the center of the earth. You wish the sun will circular around you.
- don't use the term "I", and use the term "you", or "we" then people think you try to force your opinion into others.

2. It's a good idea to drink tea without sugar (shove opinion into other's throat).

It's very "unfriendly" to attack the following sentence into each and every post that you may put up ( I use "you" here" to show I'm not a self-center person).

"This is only my personal opinion. I can't care less whether others may like it or not."

No other way to put this than, I do not agree.

I do not think I is necessarily self-centered in a negative sense in all statements, it is just proper English at times
Also do not feel that #2 is "shoving ones opinion into another throat...its just an opinion...as is this..it is simply my opinion...but then you all must realize...this is getting way off topic

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
As for tea, the proper way to drink can be both personal and cultural. What someone tells you on mainland China as proper is not what you will likely hear as proper in London. For hat matter I am guessing proper tea drinking is a little different between North and South China as well. Some like sugar some do not, some like milk in it some do not

And if one follows either of those ways and doe not enjoy it, then it is possible there is another way they can make and drink tea. Or maybe they just don't like tea.

Give me an English/Irish/Scottish tea and I will put milk in it, no sugar
Give me just about any other tea I put nothing in it
Also I do not like any herbal teas, so I do not drink them
Also I only drink whole leaf loose tea the majority of the time....
I have made tea and drank Tea Chinese style and English style (likely old school English) But generally I drink black tea after they have steeped 5 minute an green teas and oolongs after 4. I also do not reuse leaves...unless I go with Chinese style.
And none of this means anyone has to do or should do what I do, it is simply an answer to the OP question.

Same can be said for coffee by the way, what's the proper way to make it, Keurig, drip, coffee pot, boil it, vacuum, etc.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Probably too much thought for me. If I tiptoe that much to communicate, then I'll probably be better off just explaining myself when the assumptions come. Some think things are harsh now. It used to be 20 times worse just a few years ago. We are missing some key people who used to debate and things have toned down significantly.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Give me an English/Irish/Scottish tea and I will put milk in it, no sugar
Give me just about any other tea I put nothing in it
Also I do not like any herbal teas, so I do not drink them
Also I only drink whole leaf loose tea the majority of the time....
I have made tea and drank Tea Chinese style and English style (likely old school English) But generally I drink black tea after they have steeped 5 minute an green teas and oolongs after 4. I also do not reuse leaves...unless I go with Chinese style.
And none of this means anyone has to do or should do what I do, it is simply an answer to the OP question.
I drink a wide range of tea but tend to think of tea more like medicine than enjoyment. I drink certain teas after working out, in the morning and after lunch, some when I'm sick. I'll put honey in my tea depending on what it is. I like Chai with milk. I may drink one for relaxing and helping to go to sleep. I don't mess with the diet teas and I'm cautious about the herbal teas because some of those teas are actually dangerous.

The first time I had tea and milk was when I was in my 20's. I like the way some teas taste with milk than I do with how they taste with water. I'm curious to know if the tea will taste better if I make my own from plants that I grow.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I drink a wide range of tea but tend to think of tea more like medicine than enjoyment. I drink certain teas after working out, in the morning and after lunch, some when I'm sick. I'll put honey in my tea depending on what it is. I like Chai with milk. I may drink one for relaxing and helping to go to sleep. I don't mess with the diet teas and I'm cautious about the herbal teas because some of those teas are actually dangerous.

The first time I had tea and milk was when I was in my 20's. I like the way some teas taste with milk than I do with how they taste with water. I'm curious to know if the tea will taste better if I make my own from plants that I grow.

The only medicinal tea I drink is the Chinese herbal tea Mrs Xue makes me drink...and that is just varying levels of disgusting

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BE2C2063-A610-46BA-B1BA-1367F7744E06.jpeg
Match, genmaicha, sencha, hojicha, Twinnings English Breakfast..,we English LOVE tea! This is usucha or thin tea, whisked to a delicious foam. It’s a little like a tea espresso! For Japanese tea, loose tea is generally brewed just twice. If you’re ever in Kyoto, pop in to Ippodo for some lovely tea!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We have no tea shop here, so I just grab stuff from the grocery store.
I prefer green tea, drink herbal teas as the mood strikes. A teabag is too much for a mug, but not enough for a pot.
I wish I still had my mom's Samowar: put a pot with tea on, and fill the cup up with water to delute it.
I generally drink green tea without sugar. I had the 'Campfire in a mug' before. With much cream.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having spent a fair number of my formative years in the UK, I am required by law to consider anything other than English tea barbaric.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having spent a fair number of my formative years in the UK, I am required by law to consider anything other than English tea barbaric.
You were brought up well in the U.K. 🙏🏽

Latest Discussions