Another wall bag thread

Highlander

Green Belt
Reaction score
no you gave an example that had nothing at all to do with wall bags, if you claiming wall bags strengthen bones, that put up some measured evidence for it.

if you meant all along that tennis strengthen bones and not wall bags you should have made that clear, though why you would raise that in a thread about wall bags I'm not sure

but tennis Stenghens bones, why wouldn't they just play tennis
He's just trolling at this point. Stop responding and maybe he'll go away :p

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Pfft...some people insist on trying to stay on topic. Just ignore him. :D

Ignore him? I can't. I have this inner Jojo that has been really acting up lately. And a lot of what Jojo says is pretty logical. Like pointing out that excessive wall-bag work can lead to long term hand problems. Yep. And like pointing out that wall bag training may be less valuable to developing practical fighting skills than other kinds of bag work. Gotta agree. And I spent a long time doing too much wall bag work. Got to a point of diminishing returns pretty quickly. Except for some probably permanent joint issues.

Finally, how come no one has thanked Jojo for making this one of the most active threads we've had on this forum in quite a while. Sometimes you just need an evil clown.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ignore him? I can't. I have this inner Jojo that has been really acting up lately. And a lot of what Jojo says is pretty logical. Like pointing out that excessive wall-bag work can lead to long term hand problems. Yep. And like pointing out that wall bag training may be less valuable to developing practical fighting skills than other kinds of bag work. Gotta agree. And I spent a long time doing too much wall bag work. Got to a point of diminishing returns pretty quickly. Except for some probably permanent joint issues.

Finally, how come no one has thanked Jojo for making this one of the most active threads we've had on this forum in quite a while. Sometimes you just need an evil clown.

Haha, yeah, there's just something about an angry clown that spurs debate .
Of course if you're beating your knuckles into oblivion then that is not good , whether on a heavy bag or wall bag.
But I think if you use it as part of an overall sensible, balanced training regimen, there are definite benefits to it... Again the key phrase being sensible and balanced.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well here's one for you , after all this talk about the benefits or detriments of Wall bag training , I went ahead and ordered one that was recommended by Danny T . I filled it, hung it up in my building and had a good workout on it last night .
My little building has French doors in the front and in the back and I keep it open pretty much year-round except in wintertime when it's too cold .
So I went down in my building today as a bird was flying out of it .
I was training a little bit with long pole and happened to glance over at the wall bag and saw where a bird , probably that little bastich that came flying out as I walked in , had poked a hole in it and was eating the mung beans out of it!!!

After all that it looks like Jobo was right . Wall bags are for the birds.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions