Bag Problems and some other newbie questions

Mo_Murdah

White Belt
Reaction score
Whatsup guys, i am currently trying to begin muay thai after months of waiting to have my own place and set up a bag. However, i dont have much money and I would prefer to set up my own heavy bag stand (i have a bag) for as cheap as i can, considering some of the heavy bag stands ive seen online have a shape that cuts you off almost a full 180 degree circle around the bag, I dont like that. Also, my garage won't work because i would need install more braces to the walls and such and clear it with my landlord.

Basically, does anyone know anything about making ur own setup? or how i can do this as cheap as possible?

Also, I cant afford to go to a gym atm so I am trying to learn from videos and such. I know, its not a good idea because i cant receive live criticism, but until i start makin some dough i still want to practice, im sick of waiting to learn muay thai. I did have a couple technical questions...

1) I am trying to practice throwing multiple jabs, but i have my order of movements wrong i believe. do i absolutely, regardless of distance, take at least a small step forward with every jab? So to do 2 jabs followed by a cross, i would have to step forward twice, or does it depend on the distance from the target?

2) After i step forward with my front leg, do i slide my back leg forward and THEN perform a cross by twisting my hips, or should my stance be even enough for me to perform the cross without slighting sliding my back leg forward to re-establish a basic foot position?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
2) After i step forward with my front leg, do i slide my back leg forward and THEN perform a cross by twisting my hips, or should my stance be even enough for me to perform the cross without slighting sliding my back leg forward to re-establish a basic foot position?
Welcome aboard. I feel that sliding the rear foot up as you twist the hips and cross punch all in one motion will add power to the punch. I hope you enjoy the site.

Latest Discussions