Anonymous Reputation

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
*imagines JAMJTX systematically going through every user, finding that darn negative pinger, and sending a quite nasty PM*hehehe

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't even pay attention to the rep system. I looked today for the first time in a while and found someone gave me some neg. rep and didn't sign it :rolleyes: . I really don't give a **** about it. Whoever gave me the red ding..... I laugh. :) :uhyeah:

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Your post sucks-Anon

Oops! Did I post that to the thread??
icon10.gif

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've given one and exactly one anonymous ding. What's more, it wasn't exactly anonymous, it was sent to someone who I suspected had anonymously dinged me. I had no intention of it being anonymous, it was merely a test.

The result was a diatribe by the person who had anonymously dinged me. Why? He knew I was the anonymous dinger. How? He was the one who had dinged me. Only the anonymous dinger would have understood what I wrote in my ding and figured out it was me, because I used wording that the anonymous dinger had used so he would recognize it. Busted.

Anonymous dingers are passive aggressive cowards. Ultimately, however, they are "Mostly Harmless".

For the record, I don't even recall who the poster was, that's the impact it made on my life. I suppose I could look it up....but why?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it's interesting our need to know who, what, when, where, why, how when someone slaps us on the wrist because of either our own actions or someone else's opinion. I think of all feedback as a chance to reflect on my own views, my own statements and consider the opinions of others. Once or twice my mind's been changed (even if it was a positive point) but most of the time I just accept that someone else has a different opinion.

Somebody dinged you - man, so what? Life's too short to worry about it. We can't all agree all the time - how boring would that be?

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just had a brilliant idea.
DING INSURANCE
Buy it from Someguy inc.
For a limited time I'll even through in a free cheese doodle. Thats right a free cheese doodle.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Once or twice my mind's been changed (even if it was a positive point) but most of the time I just accept that someone else has a different opinion.
Agreed on both points.

But, I do like someguy's idea for ding insurance.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I think it's interesting our need to know who, what, when, where, why, how when someone slaps us on the wrist because of either our own actions or someone else's opinion. I think of all feedback as a chance to reflect on my own views, my own statements and consider the opinions of others. Once or twice my mind's been changed (even if it was a positive point) but most of the time I just accept that someone else has a different opinion.

Somebody dinged you - man, so what? Life's too short to worry about it. We can't all agree all the time - how boring would that be?
I think it's the passive aggressive nature of the criticism that irks some people. The fact that a person feels so strongly about his position that they have to do it anonymously is truly astounding. Talk about courage of your convictions. Most people hate weasels worse than those who are nasty to your face. Anonymous dings are the perfect forum for the passive aggressive, as it requires absolutely no courage whatsoever.

That having been said, why be bothered by the passive aggressive. They are by their very nature spineless, and really shouldn't be of any concern to the rest of us. Personally, I find anonymous dings humorous. It means i've said something that has gotten under the skin of someone, often times because I made a point they didn't like. It meant they cared enough about what I had to say to send me a response. It means they really do care about what I think enough to let me know what they think.

(I will fall out of my chair laughing if someone dings me for this post.)

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
The way I figure, if you're not getting the occasional red mark you're not posting honestly, just acting like a sheep and going with the crowd.

BAAAAAAAA!;)

(Of course it could mean I'm always right...)

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally, I think if a person asserts their convictions endlessly and vociferously and profusely on this forum such that it matters enough to call people out on the carpet for their anonymous opinion that maybe that person should become a supporting member and disable their reputation.

See, I think folks look at opinions as a possession that someone else throws at them. I see opinions as opportunity to evaluate - a cause to ponder - a reason to inwardly examine just why I feel the way I do about something and why someone else either feels the same way or differently because I am responsible for how I feel.

But that's just me ....

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Personally, I think if a person asserts their convictions endlessly and vociferously and profusely on this forum such that it matters enough to call people out on the carpet for their anonymous opinion that maybe that person should become a supporting member and disable their reputation.

See, I think folks look at opinions as a possession that someone else throws at them. I see opinions as opportunity to evaluate - a cause to ponder - a reason to inwardly examine just why I feel the way I do about something and why someone else either feels the same way or differently because I am responsible for how I feel.

But that's just me ....

optimism in its finest.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tradrockrat said:
BAAAAAAAA!;)

(Of course it could mean I'm always right...)
If that was true the people that where wrong would be dinging you, cause in there eyes you'd be wrong :p

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
If that was true the people that where wrong would be dinging you, cause in there eyes you'd be wrong :p
As soon as I figure out what you just said, I'm going to anonymously ding you!:lol:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:

Thats easy for you to say Miss "I have the most rep of anyone on the board"

:D

I have 14 people ahead of me!

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Thats easy for you to say Miss "I have the most rep of anyone on the board"

:D

I should ding you for that! :lol2: And not sign it! :ultracool

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
well i just got ding'd for a post i made in another thread by an anon-a-pusssy.

the irony is the reason for my post was to 'sign' a negative rep i had left earlier that was sent (accidentally) before finishing my message and signing.

well, its all bs anyway...

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Out of over 3600?? Slacker. :rolleyes: :ultracool Anyways, now you have 13.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had forgotten that you could sort by rep. in the Members List. I'm well behind shesulsa!

Maybe I'll start a Rep. for Arnisador Telethon in The Locker Room and see if I can improve my standing. After all, T Hartman is much too close to me on that list. Give till it hurts, folks!

Latest Discussions