Giving out the green

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey there 'Chunners. Have you noticed that most of the regulars who post in this department don't have a lot of green dots after their names. Those dots are how we show appreciation for the people that take the time to hammer out those really thoughtful, informative, or funny posts that keep us all coming back to visit this forum. I never really understood or paid much attention to how it worked, until one day some green popped up behind my name. Apparently I must have said something that made someone with a lot of rep power happy. Anyway, since then I've noticed that some of the really deserving posters around here haven't gotten any recognition. So let's all start giving out the positive rep comments when it's earned, and light up those names.

So, if you're with me so far, here's how it works. When someone writes a good post, go up to the right-hand corner and click on the little scale. A window will open and you can write a positive comment and click the button to add to their rep. You can do it anonymously, but it's a lot nicer if you leave your name with your comment.

Now, I know I probably shouldn't mention names, but for openers, there's a certain guy from down-under who's contributed more to this department than anybody I can think of. How about giving him some recognition? And, I hope I'm not out of line in talking about this, but I would feel good about "nominating" a few others for positive feedback. And when it comes to folks I don't agree with I'll just keep quiet. Anybody else care to chime in?

wushuguy

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm with you on that one. I remember how surprised i was and still am when I had a post thanked. It was like, wow really? Thanking others really encourages more participation, also keeps this forum in a positive direction.

Shouldn't be too careless with it though, or use it just for being polite, otherwise loses the meaning of rep power. but yeah, those guys who have helped out a lot, deserve the thanks. i just found there's lots of different smiley faces available on this forum!

Always learning something new... :wavey:

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm with you on that one...

Shouldn't be too careless with it though, or use it just for being polite, otherwise loses the meaning of rep power...

Agreed. That's why we also have the "Thanks" feature.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been on this forum for about a year and I had no idea what those green thingies were.......Honestly I never payed any attention to the thanks key for a long time either.......... there I came clean!

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been on this site for a few years, and have made alot of posts. I can honestly say, I never cared about Rep (the Green dots represent Rep). When Bob added the 'Thanks' button, I didn't much care either. You guys can feel free to rep me death, I wont mind. Doesn't mean I'll return the favor
icon12.gif

Latest Discussions